cave reborn ...!?!

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

cave reborn ...!?!

Postby nix » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:31 pm

we have this great Artists Facility, "the cave"!

It can it work well.

So, it is usable again. tidy and Equipped. me and Matt tested cables and sorted shit out. A couple of people have been rehearsing and workshops have been happening. lets get the income rolling!

I propose:
We have a Cave upkeep session and Induction meeting every week, thurs, 6-8.
I will be there every week.

we have an 'cave use agreement' document that new users sign.

and that there hands be ritualistically photocopied and stuck to the wall. so as to symbolism that they have a hand in the room and are part of a collective project.

that we operate a policy of trust and respect and people will trust and respect.

we still use the online calendar... its shit, but if we reverted to a paper Cave Book that was in the cafe drawer, it would mean more work for the kitchen.

... Draft cave use agreement ...

1. I agree to use this room nicely and to respect the space and equipment therein.

2. I will pay for the time I use, at £5 per hour, and put it in the box by the door.

3. I will pay for any booking that I do not use, unless I cancel the booking at least 24hours notice.

4. I will tidy up after myself and not behave like a pig!

5. I will take full responsibility for my guests. I will not have more that 3 guest in the room. (more than 4 in yer band? then two people have to become users.

6. I will not fuck shit up. If something breaks I will report it on the bb.

7. I will have fun and use the space to create great music.

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:41 am

Digging it.

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:36 am

It's like God's vagina!

danny

Keep your penis clean

Postby danny » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:43 am

We should most definately add this to the list. I think keeping a clean penis is important. We have it as one of the rules for users of the old cave, so I don't see how the new cave should be any different. Or maybe you actually want
people with dirty penises* playing there? Is that what you're up to? If there is some sort of filthy bell end conspiracy that I don't know about then someone needs to let me know what's happening. Maybe it's something that gets discussed only in the Forest's highly secretive "inner ring"? Who are these inner-ring-peace-police anyway? And why should we listen to what they have to say? I heard that you have weird sexual parties and all dance about naked with cocks flapping about and muff hair everywhere! What kind of system is this? Could someone please BE SERIOUS.
I insist that penile hygene be top of the agenda for the next meeting.

* - the accurate plural of penis may actually be "peni"

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:32 am

Danny...for someone who says that they are a hetrosexual male, you don't half talk about other mens cocks a lot!
Don't be scared Danny, let the world know! You've been stuck in your cramped little closet too long...break free Danny!...we will not think any less of you...well we can't, its mentally impossible! hahaha :D
It's like God's vagina!

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:31 pm

dan

Postby dan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:44 pm

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:31 pm

It's like God's vagina!

beev

Postby beev » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:56 pm

ravanwin

Postby ravanwin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:23 pm

It's like God's vagina!

Martin

Postby Martin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:52 pm

At the relatively cheap end for card access are systems like this:

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shop ... -570-p.asp

This uses proximity swipe cards, which seems to work out the same price or cheaper than the magnetic swipe type these days. Cards cost about a quid each.

I doubt any system this cheap will log who's going in and out. That'd probably cost a whole lot more, or I could try to persuade the dorkbot crew to work on a DIY version on the cheap.

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:59 pm

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:08 pm

It's like God's vagina!

ravanwin

Postby ravanwin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 pm

It's like God's vagina!

nix

old school sollution

Postby nix » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:12 pm

laura

Postby laura » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:29 pm

they call us winsome, but we're just hopeless

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:40 pm

It's like God's vagina!

Martin

Postby Martin » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:09 pm

Yeah, one key is a problem. It will get "lost", a new one will have to be made or the lock changed, and then you will find out that it was actually in someone's pocket and is now in circulation along with umpteen copies, which are being used by people to get drunk and sleep and piss in there. We have been through all this with infoseed.

ravanwin

Postby ravanwin » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:18 pm

graeme

Postby graeme » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:07 pm

chris

Postby chris » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:46 pm

Martin

Postby Martin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:52 pm

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:06 am

My dream is to be key free by 2010.

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:05 pm

The cave working group are all apparently still convinced the 1 key idea is the best...I say to you...YOU ARE WRONG!
Please do not go fit a new key lock until we discuss things further.

1 Key...key gets lost...we then (for security reasons) have to change the whole blooming thing again.

If you are worried about the costs of an elctric thing, then that is a fair point which needs to be discussed, but by the time we have changed the locks 5 times, we'd have spent the same amount as having a elctronic key fobb device.

1 key fobb...fobb gets lost...we go downstairs and change the keycode immediately making the lost key fobb unusable...end of security nightmare.

technology free...you know that the building is technology right? the technology used to build the bricks would mean that we would either have to smash the walls down (although technology was used to make the sledgehammer) or move out to a field...and carry all the technology (no hold on..leave all the decks and stuff (technology) in the rubble of bricks), and walk to a field untouched by human hand, all of this being done naked as the technology to make clothing would have to be taken into account. I for one a up for this :D
Can we start a new thread called "Stories from a Technology Free World"
It's like God's vagina!

beev

Postby beev » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:56 pm

beev

Postby beev » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:30 pm

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:53 pm

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:32 am

well there we have it...keys are shit.
can someone in the know have a look at the costs of getting a electronic thingy, and how much it would cost to fit?
It's like God's vagina!

bill

Postby bill » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:33 pm

there is absolutely no way we will save money via this electronic key thing. absolutely not. a mortice lock new cost 20/25 squid. each key costs 2.30 squid. we have mortice locks now in forest.

or a chubb/yale lock like we have on the office door is cheaper. a key can exist in the cafe. when it is lost you can alter the lock and make a copy. this is also cheap. we keep one key and one spare. it lives behind the til. like the darkroom one. a band could swap it for a tenner? and get it back when they give it back.

really. i think electronic things will use far more time, energy and money from us all.

anyway i have seen mission impossible and they can be broken just as easy.

bill

Postby bill » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:34 pm

oh also i think one day we could have electronic locks just that the cave usage doesn't warrent all the faff

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:05 pm

what about the amount of time wasted fitting and buying new locks?

Mission Impossible starred Tom Cruise and everyone knows that man is a modern day Jesus and can do anything he wants...including bypass electronic security systems. You cannot judge the skills of Joe Public against this man...it is unfair and unrealistic.

Fuck it, buy the locks and keys....just in case Tom Cruise wants to steal our crappy Cave drumkit!
It's like God's vagina!

ravanwin

Postby ravanwin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:28 pm

i say electro-fob.

it is amazing and not just good for the cave but for everyone in the building. the workshop and everything. it's great.

get them.

r

nix

let's get real.

Postby nix » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:59 pm

The key for the cave door is somthing I want to sort today.

Yes, if the concensus is that we get electronic system, great.

but, right here right now we need the cave door to be scure.

I want to fit a yale lock today, we have the lock itself, the barrel costs 8 quid and comes with three keys.

can I fit it?

or are we still debateratering?

peace and security.

N.

bill

Postby bill » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:39 pm

nick i think it will definately be quicker to change the pin code on the door than fit another lock. also this is free. keys and locks aren't. lets do that until we make a decision"?

Martin

Postby Martin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:13 pm

Okay, on the keyfob systems front:

There are systems like this all over eBay from Hong Kong sellers for about 20 quid plus whatever customs fucks you for when you import it. Note that this does not include the lock mechanism itself, just the controller and key fobs. Here's one for example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0162012346

There is also a guy over in Fife selling a complete kit including the lock for £57.50 inc. post. He sells these regularly so we could get a second compatible unit off him later if we wanted to extend to another door.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0163233829

Martin

Postby Martin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:25 pm

<i>there is absolutely no way we will save money via this electronic key thing. absolutely not. a mortice lock new cost 20/25 squid. each key costs 2.30 squid.</i>

mechanical:

20 quid for a lock + 2.30 each for 10 keys = 43 quid

electronic:

lock with 10 keys included = 57 quid

So it's 14 quid more initially. Big deal.

But when a keyfob gets lost, the cost is a quid for a new one. When a key gets lost, the cost is that 43 quid all over again plus a shitload of hassle in changing the lock and getting new keys to everyone. Whichever we fit will be the third lock/code for the cave already. Do you really think it won't happen again?

swithun

Postby swithun » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:35 pm

The one from Fife is nice. It mentions that you can have customised software for these. That means they're hackable, so someone clever could work out how to log door events I imagine. Then we would know who used the Cave when.

Martin

Postby Martin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:38 pm

nix

Postby nix » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:27 am

ravanwin

Postby ravanwin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:57 pm

ravanwin

Postby ravanwin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:00 pm

graeme

Lock barrel

Postby graeme » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:22 pm

bill

Postby bill » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:51 pm

we have loads of locks kicking about. they work. they are free. lets use them. where are these other space locks made? i guess they need wiring up to the mains too?

bill

Postby bill » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:34 pm

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:51 pm

It's like God's vagina!

beev

Postby beev » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:32 pm

nospoons

Postby nospoons » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:42 pm

censorship with a cunt

graeme

Postby graeme » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:02 pm

Return to “Facilities”