Collaboration idea - Killing the Hours - request for a meeti

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
Gaz

Collaboration idea - Killing the Hours - request for a meeti

Post by Gaz » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Theatre people. Who wants to contact?
Hi,

I'm a recently graduated theatre director working with a fellow theatre artist and live performer and we are seeking support for a theatre project, Killing The Hours, based upon the work of the spanish writer/director Rodrigo Garcia.

Would it be possible to book a small informal meeting with someone at The Forrest so we could explain our ideas and maybe then advance for a formal proposal application?

It would probably be an easier way to start instead of just immediatly flooding you with loads of text and dates.

Killing the Hours is to be the theatrical exploration of Rodrigo's text about loneliness in the contemporary world. It's an exploration of how it is to be truly alone, and of the desperate desire people have of company in a society that turns them into machines and leaves them completely by themselves when they are not producing or consuming in behalf of the Capital Good.

The performance will be devised and created upon the text - It is not exclusively about theatre but about performance art. By utilizing elements of narrative, design, film and sound the project will be able to create a 'total performance' moment that an audience can enjoy from very different angles.

The project is to be developed from February up to October.

What we would like from the Forrest would be a space, technical and logist support. Also, the possibility of using The Forrest to create an open call to visual artists interested in creating a instalation piece in which the performance would occur.

If you wish to see anything else about Killing The Hours before a small meeting please let me know and I can provide you some material.

The project is to create something quite unique and new in the edinburgh theatre scene and would extremely relevant to happen in a space like The Forrest.

Thanking you in advance,

Mauro Matos e Silva
the more you think, the more you stink

James

Post by James » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:12 am

I will

James

Post by James » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:31 pm

are you going to pm me the contact details, or am i just missing something obvious? (the latter is entirely possible, btw)