Computer in the cave and The phantom menace

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
danny

Computer in the cave and The phantom menace

Postby danny » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Nix tells me we are getting a computer in the cave so that we can record music and the radio shows. At the moment the cd burner on the eight track doesn't work, so it needs to be mixed down to a computer before we can do anything with what we record. Anyone any idea when this computer might be ready? Should I be keeping an eye out on free-cycle myself in case something suitable comes up?
Another wee thing while I'm here. The "Phantom Power" button on the mixing desk shouldn't be on at any time except when the studio quality mikes are being used. It's just an extra power source to charge them, but apparently it damages mikes if it's on when it's not meant to be and half the time I've been down there it seems to be on. Wee sign needed.

milk

Re: Computer in the cave and The phantom menace

Postby milk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:21 am

hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

nix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby nix » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:44 am

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 am

It's like God's vagina!

Martin

Postby Martin » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:40 am

swithun

Postby swithun » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:50 am

Martin

Postby Martin » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:57 am

Gandhi

Postby Gandhi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 am

It's like God's vagina!

milk

Postby milk » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:49 pm

monday evening should be cool, although the Forest facilitation workshop is running until 6. nix i see you're wanting to attend that also - does the cave meeting have to be 5pm or could it be pushed back an hour? i don't have anywhere to download ubuntu studio right now apart from the action room. might martin, swith or anyone else possibly be able to /bittorrent/burn a dvd image of ubuntu studio? would be greatly appreciated. ttfn.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

martinmckenna

Postby martinmckenna » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:11 pm

as far as am aware you dont have to download it , you can install via the normal disk , then install ubuntu studio packages via synaptic ,

martinmckenna

Postby martinmckenna » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:17 pm

milk

Postby milk » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:53 pm

nix

Postby nix » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:47 am

Martin

Postby Martin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:21 am

Update on this:

The blue computer is up and running using the 20GB hard drive from one of the old action room machines. Some people had files on there, these have been moved to the left hand new machine in the action room.

I left it earlier, under the desk, plugged into the network downloading the Ubuntu Studio packages. Should have finished by now, so can hopefully tidy up any loose ends tomorrow.

Return to “Facilities”