Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
chris

things to do

Post by chris » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:38 am

hey crew!

well done if you've made it this far...

further tasks to do, that spring to mind:

*take up the carpet,

*seal the walls + ceiling with a water/ PVA mix (3 parts water, 1 part PVA, or there abouts). [after doing this we may want to paint them white].

*fix up the screen drying/screen storage box.

*sort out the plumbing for the screen trough

*fix up a shower curtain to avoid splashing (this may or may not be needed... test first i guess)

*fix up a hose extension from the tap. (soft hose)

*sort out good storage for completed usable screens

*sort out storage space for screens waiting to be reclaimed.

*shelving/storage for paint/ chemicals/ tools.

*if you think of more stuff post it up.

I will leave the book in the room, so if anyone wants to read more they can. I'll also leave a couple of better screens and some other bits and pieces i have at home...

NEXT MEETING: we agreed to meet again same place same time: next thursday at 6pm

(i wont be there for around for a couple of weeks, as i'm in spain)

cool, i am still very excited,

Chris
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Susana

Post by Susana » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:52 pm

I suppose this is a new thing, right? I was thinking, how about having tutorials on screen printing? It could attract many potential users... Or perhaps you already know that there are many people out there who will definitely use it. (in any case I, for one, would love to learn this technique and probably so would do others).

And Chris, do kiss my country for me, will you? :D
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda

simone

Post by simone » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:54 pm

well done sabina and olivier (hope i have your names right)! on the pva-ing. i'll do some more tomorrow .
also we have offer of cotton bags that are in the craft room awaiting some amazing screenprinted images by us which can then be sold in cafe...how exciting!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:13 pm

Hot screen printing tips:

met a brilliant book maker in Paris named David. he's moving to india soon to work on making small press books with screen printing machines. dude is a great grapic novelist and totally lovely.

I told him about forest / our resources and he seemed to be into coming. We didn't discuss money or anything so maybe he can come and give workshops either with a bit or help or on his own back.

/thing is: maybe he's not needed maybe we know a good tutor closer or whatever. Anyway - here is his number. maybe one of the screen print crew can call him and talk eloquently about what is going on.

can we get ken to check out the boiler?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:13 pm

david:

00431 921 505 12

he's expecting a call.
r

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:41 pm

yo

so i reckon that the pva job is a good one , we have removed the carpet . so i would think the next thing to do is get the screens into a useful condition . we need how to do this and get some mesh too . i hear chris has some mesh .

chris

Post by chris » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:21 am

i got some mesh, back next week.

great work etc..xxxx
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

meghanS

Post by meghanS » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:52 pm

So, meeting on Thursday 6pm as usual this week?

If Chris brings mesh, we will be pretty close to getting started, right?