plans for the refurishment of Forest Hall

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
nix

plans for the refurishment of Forest Hall

Post by nix » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Hello..

as some of yous know, I am on holiday for a wee bit. so someone else needs to take on this project.

I just thought I would share with you my ideas about how we could make the Hall Space fantastic.¨¨

Curtains:
so, we should have 4 big bits of black curtain that where put up last zear. these where a bit wee and needed a strip sewed to the bottom of them.

To put these up we will need the Big Scaffold. this is in the corner of the room.

once they are up (talk to Ken Smiley about ideas for this) we need to return the scaffold to Roxy.(again, ask Ken)

then we could put the Baby Grand Piano up and in the space the scaffold ocupied. (also there are those old metal chairs hat need to be skipped, ank Lynne)

Broken Light fitting
Glass, Flying Saucer Stýle one with the red bulbs.
we should replace it with a spare one that can be found neer the lightng stuff on the balcony.

Lid for Font
in the back left of the room where the Font is, we could bild a plywood lid for it, or remove it.

then just give the place a super scrub.

yay!

nix

Re: plans for the refurishment of Forest Hall

Post by nix » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:13 pm

oh, once the Piano is up it needs tned.. James Brown will do it. speak to Marmot.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:28 pm

And we will need all the scaff back at Roxy by 10th July latest!
D x
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Okay....I've got that date Dan!

Ken and I are working on the hall.....we have a couple of people who may want the piano....if we give it to them, we can use it as payment in kind for building work....

What do you's think? I'm not fussed about having the piano, and we do REALLY need to fix the numerous holes in the roof. Also, we need to build some new garden furniture and tidy up the garden - before I give all our neighbours notification of our building work plans, i.e., the new fire exit out the back.

(Psychological, you see!)

Anyway.....the piano would be very useful for getting the above work done.

Ken and I are getting rid of the metal chairs tomorrow......

I will get someone to hang the curtains once I've worked out whether the one's we've got are suitable...(Nix, do we have dimensions for the curtains, or do I have to guess?!) .....we will need scaffolding for this....

I also need the scaffolding to get someone to remove the plant-life from the front and back of the building (again with piano payment in mind!)......so I will need to get that done before 10th July then!

:D

So....I suppose what I'm trying to say is - Can I please give the piano away?!

Lid for font - Alison the architect is looking into whether this is listed or not. Once she knows, Ken and I will decide what to do.....unless anyone has a particular view on it? Please let me know!

Broken light fitting - NOTED! Will try and get it sorted soon!

:D

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Please don't give away the only nice piano we are ever likely to have.

I will cry.

Having a nice piano presents fantastic opportunities for the Forest, such as putting on proper classical concerts (something Ida wanted to do during her time here, I believe) and possibly having a donations bucket for the Forest. If this could be made a regular event, it may slowly attract people coming regularly and it would be awesome.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...