Sound Team Action Day Report: 20/03/10
it was great!
Owen was rocking the place with the multimeter and Sam was getting down with the soldering iron. Nick and Julie where busy busy sorting out the Sound Area in the Cafe. we did:
Thing still to be done:
- Investigate reports that "channel 1 is dodgy" left in the Sound Team communications folder (use it please!)
found that the mixer is fine, there may have been an intermittent fault with the stage box. seems OK now.
- Test the jukebox speaker (stage right) in the cafe,
to find that both cones are blown. we took them down and Nix donated some small black speakers (black speakers where a previous request of the FoH Team)
we must still test these and mount them!
- Tested the Vestax DJ Mixer
- appears fine.
- Sam made 4 new XLR-XLR cables from re-cycled parts.
- Owen replaced the driver in one of the Mackie SRM450s that is used in The Cave.
- and Julie did a great job sorting out the cable spaghetti in the Sound Area, and deserves special Respect or keeping the Sound Team organised and together.
manufacture & mount hooks for cables in the Cafe Sound Area and The Hall Sound Area. (Nix & Ken are to do this)
- make a proper storage area in The Hall.
- Fix Technics 1210 that is part of the Hire PA. it has a 'Dodgy Shoulder' (Chris knows how to fix it?)
- source a Drumkit for The Hall. (do you know of or have any spare drum parts, or want to sell some?)
- Source a Guitar Amp Head for the hall? (as above)
- Source Record Player Cartridges (two in a wee blue plastic box that was in the Sound Area have walked?)
- Price up the cost of 6 more long permanent XLR in the hall or a cheap multi-core. (bringing the effective No of channels to 12)
- Do full inventory and check that all Equipment lists are complete.
GO SOUND TEAM!