THE FOREST MUSICAL POLICY
=a heavy dub statement=
(Hey You!) What's that sound? Everybody look what's going down.
• At The Forest we feel fiercely proud and dutybound to sound out outfits upcoming from the underground.
• All acts we play are independent; most are unknown outside keen local renown; some are old international friends; one might be enjoying a cup of coffee just next to you.
• In offering exposure to these artists we endeavour to nurture a seedbed of hitherto unrecognized riches thus fostering fresh links within the artistic community.
• This musical database is continually expanding representing a unique songbook of the unsung.
'The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side' - Dr Hunter S. Thompson.
• Many of the artists are represented on our own not-for-profit musical imprint Forest Records.
• This is an adventure in renegade commerce that seeks to support artists in all aspects of creation from production, manufacture, distribution and promotion with all bands retaining full ownership of their work.
• Our playlists are configured with a homegrown bias often debuting tracks cut directly from The Cave – the Forest’s own in-house rehearsal space. Local bands, up from the basement, bumping out with a bang!
‘I gotta thang/You gotta thang/Whyn’t we together doing our thang.’
Here’s where you come into play. You can:
- Come into play.
- Add your own music to our database
- Support your local artists
(Ask at behind the kitchen to book a gig, add your CD or buy a CD)
= YOU ARE NOW LISTENING TO =
THE INDESTRUCTIBLE BEAT OF THE FOREST
a rumble no-one can stop