Related, maybe forest records could think about this thread
too. I think forest records should consider releasing music under a free cultural works license, like for example the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike
license, which says:
You are free:
* to Share -- to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
* to Remix -- to make derivative works
Under the following conditions:
* Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
* Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.