Here's the release guidelines for Earth Monkey, some fine folk from the lake district:
Guidelines for Earth Monkey Productions/Talking Monkey releases:
* All tracks will be available free to download on Earth Monkey Productions via The Internet Archive with full artwork.
* The tracks will be licensed under the Creative Commons License
* The artist can withdraw their tracks at any time.
* The artist will have full control of their art.
* Earth Monkey will not release hard copies of the tracks (unless for promotional purposes) without first contacting the artist and asking permission, then a suitable profit share will be discussed.
* The artist may press any number of hard copies and keep the money for themselves.
* Earth Monkey will try and get good exposure for all artists equally.
Something like this for Forest Records maybe?