RT: Printing

Records, publishing, shop etc.
ravanwin

RT: Printing

Post by ravanwin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:31 pm

This is from the editor of RT:

"Just an RT printing issue: we came into the Forest yesterday to print our covers to be told that there's no toner in the copier and no one really knows when there will be. We're already nearly 2 weeks behind with RT5 so we're taking it to CopyCat again, I'm afraid..."

what the FCUK? Can anyone explain why something we agreed to to support is not being supported. They are now asking for £30 a month to print at CC. This is annoying.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:16 pm

i give help yesterday , but as they say there is no toner , we did offer to use the one down the stairs , but they didnt want to .

the copier run out of toner on the weekend . and its a Monday hoilday . nix has phoned and they said no later then 3 days .This situation is all our fault , we,ve been watching the flashing warning long enuf to know we where running out of black toner and now it has . lets not leave to get to this situation again folks .

if the warning is flashing . then check in the corner by the door in action room to see if they is any toner of the kind running out .If so cool , if not then ether order some or get some one to order it .

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:46 pm

here's what the ed said:

"I guess I'll take RT5 to Copycat and pay myself, and then we'll see what happens with RT6... but I think over the summer we'll probably look around for an alternative to Forest. I understand that you guys don't want to pay for us just to have us go elsewhere, but we may still do so. Having hauled 150 magazines (which should've been finished two weeks ago) across town only to be told 'come back... sometime', we're starting to feel like we'd rather be masters of our own destiny, so to speak."

another forest project falls. why is it impossible to work with the forest?

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:08 pm

People depend on print shops to be able to get last minute jobs done at the last minute. I'd take comfort in them being even less organased than we are. And if they can afford to go somewhere else and not depend on our humble services, then bully for them.

Jane

Post by Jane » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:52 am

was the fact they were two weeks late because of us fucking up earlier with printers or them fucking up with something else?
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley