Ryan in NorthWords Now ---

Records, publishing, shop etc.
ravanwin

Ryan in NorthWords Now ---

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:51 pm

This is just to let you know that I have a new poem published in Northwords Now. Northwords Now is an excellent literary magazine based in the north of Scotland. It is a free publication and is available in The Forest as well as in the Scottish National galleries, Blackwells, The Scottish Poetry Library, The Fruitmarket Gallery, The Scottish Arts Council, Bongo Club, Oxford Books, Borders Books, The Elephant House, The Village, and the Filmhouse.

Also in the issue is a really intriguing article about translation by Robert Alan Jamieson. My favourite bit:

"We might argue that the original process of creating in language is just this: a process of translation, in its broadest sense, of mood or feeling or idea or observation into thought-words, then those into writing --- then follow 'translation' from draft to draft until: alchemy, the energy has led to something magical."

There's also a great interview with Les Murray, as well as new poems from Paula Jennings and Henry Marsh.

If you want the magazine delivered to you - it is only £5 for 3 issues and you can get it by sending a check to NW Now / po box 5706, Inverness / IV1 9AF.

Anyone overseas can let me know if they want a copy posted to them and I'll see what I can do.
Ryan