so doesnt look like the tours going to happen but how about

Records, publishing, shop etc.
boletes

so doesnt look like the tours going to happen but how about

Post by boletes » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:09 pm

So yeah seems my tour idea has failed and i think probably just due to short notice...maybe in the summer but I have a new idea and possibly more relevant to the forest situation right now.

Music festival!! hah
we could book a weekend in december at the forest from say 1pm to late...doesnt even really have to be a weekend i'm sure theres a couple of days next to each other free somewhere. We get as many from the collective as we can as i found many people were to busy to do a tour but a half hour set doesnt seem unreasonable and I think for the most part everyone would be up for it.

Okay so heres the taboo part, We charge for entry, all the procedeeds go to the forest obviously but I think if we did it right its worth a few grand, might even be able to get some bigish names to headline at a low price if they know the cause...and if its promoted right not only would it be a great gig it could be really benifical :)

so someone better reply to this one ;)

Jane

Re: so doesnt look like the tours going to happen but how ab

Post by Jane » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Hey,

Sorry I've fallen off the tour emails a bit, obviously things have become a bit crazy with the current situation and I've been concentrating on that.

It would be awesome for fundraising to be able to charge for entry but unfortunately we don't have a Public Entertainment Licence which is necessary if we want to be able to do this. If we could find another venue that would let us use it for free to support us, that would be great, but not sure where would be best for that. Before we were thinking the Roxy might, but obviously that's not going to happen now.

However, we have applied for a liquor licence for december and need bands to play for that, so maybe you could get on trying to contact bands for this? If we play this right and promote it well, it could make us a fair bit of cash. The dates are the 9th, 10th and 11th.

x
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

chris

Post by chris » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:21 pm

we could potentially charge entry when we are licenced
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

boletes

Post by boletes » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:46 pm

I never even thought about that yeah i'll contact all the bands with those dates...I could try and find a venue that will let us use it free aswell? I think its unlikely but I do know some pretty good promoters who might be able to pull strings but i suppose this is assuming the liqure license falls through....but seriously anything I can help with just ask cause i'm really up for helping haha