bagged cheese!

Shannon

bagged cheese!

Post by Shannon » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:36 pm

It might be slightly cheaper and less time consuming, but it is absolutely minging.

Today I tried some melted orange and white stuff from a burrito plate. It was enough to make me wonder why anyone would ever miss cheese. It tasted like nothing. Melty and somewhate greasy, but zero flavour.

This afternoon we started into a bag of the white stuff. It does not melt. Seriously. It goes brown and starts burning under the grill, while still maintaining its shape. That can't be healthy (or delicious).

I say bring back the non-analog (what does that mean?!) cheese. Or get rid of it all together. The bags are dismal.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:21 pm

why won't you people leave me alone? first it's NO Cheese, now this.

Listen, we've experimented with bags because it's easier and cheaper and therefore the way forward. It seems like we got some Non-analouge white cheddar in (better, even than the orange stuff we normally get) which i have yet to sample. Analouge mean's there is some kind of fake substance in it... non-analouge means that the cheese is made with a buttermilk like substance.

Regardless, I've tried all the bags of cheese (we've had 3 different, maybe 4, types now) and I think it's all okay and on par with the more expensive and time-consuming other stuff.

no customers have complained that I'm aware of.

Some vegans have thought that the new cheese isn't good. Whatever, I like chopped carrots.

Try the white cheddar bags from lomand for a while. If we still want to switch back after we've gone through a case, we can talk about it then.

Also, the mozerrella cheese we get has very little taste. Your basic mild cheddar or mozerella cheese is not incredibly strong of flavorsome. But it does have calories and calcium and loads of healthy trans fats and fatty fats too.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:17 am

It is not just me. The non-vegans are shutting up on this board, but they're saying their piece in the kitchen...

Try the non-melty cheese today. Hopefully it isn't the Lomond stuff. It's bad.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:14 pm

fixed.

they sent us white cheddar ANNO and they should be sending 100 percent pure shreded white cheddar which will melt and taste fine.

have your say after we consistently sample.