Volunteer application

bryony

Volunteer application

Post by bryony » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:36 am

I took it upon myself to design our application form as I'd like to see us using them asap. Is this ok with everyone? Have I missed out anything important?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shannon

Re: Volunteer application

Post by Shannon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Looks really good.

Emi and I talked about her doing this yesterday. Would be good to tell her you've already done it! She is volunteer coordinator, so she'll be slotting people onto the rota and maintaining the information.

Not sure about the wording on the disability/impairment question. When we talked about it the other day we were thinking more along the lines of 'Is there anything we should know that may affect your ability to volunteer (ie: phobia of food, leprosy, uncontrollable rage, etc)' The point is that it should be more broad than disability/impairment, I think.

emi

Post by emi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:25 pm

This is the application form I wrote with Olivier and Carlos.
What we want to know is: did we get the questions right?
Carlos will work on the design.
That's it.
Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
officially speaking

bryony

Post by bryony » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:57 pm

I agree with you about that bit, will make some changes. Sorry for not talking to you first, Emi. I guess we have 2 options, what do people reckon?

bryony

Post by bryony » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:03 pm

version 2

emi

Post by emi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:19 pm

final version
officially speaking

bryony

Post by bryony » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Ok, my changes totally didn't save, very odd. Let's try that again.

Really sorry to have just gone off and done this without talking to anyone. Very bad way of working, I just got the urge to do it and missed the posts on the volunteer forum. However I do have a few points about the wording.

-I prefer the generalised version of the catering experience question. Not cafe/restaurant specific.
-Be nice to ask them about their interests, not just work experience.
-I was thinking of adding everyone to the mailing list and bb as standard. This can either be done by a KM or our new volunteer coordinators.
-I also think it should be clear that if you do have a problem of some kind it in no way has to get in the way of you volunteering.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 pm

agree with the points of bryony

lucky

Post by lucky » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:04 pm

Me too. Especially about their interests. I try to tell people as much as possible to let us know if they want to do anything, no matter how cray-zee! It'll be nice to have a more specific idea.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!