cd recorder

pogo

cd recorder

Post by pogo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:42 am

we have a cool new double deck CD Recorder. It is in the office for now. chris is working on rebuilding the Decks station and will be placing it in there soon.

these CD recorders only burn to 'Audio' CD's. so would someone go out and buy some Audio Recordable CD's to get us started?

chris

Post by chris » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:22 pm

heya, i havent hooked up the cd burner at the dex station, cos it will need an amplifier too (is that right pogo?). so we'll need another one i guess...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

pogo

Post by pogo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:52 pm

no. just run the 'CD Out' of the mixer into it.

or

if we get some Room Mics setup hangin from the ceiling, they can go directly into it
or (to be really posh) a small 2 channel phantom power box and into it.
all depends on the type of mic we get. i would guess that 2 sure SM57 or SM58's would do the job. else a £150 stereo condenser. i tried a £40 stereo condenser, but it was very noisey and wasn't any good for a large room.

we can monitor whats being recorded with headphones.

it can also be used as a double deck CD player for DJing.

chris

Post by chris » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:45 pm

we've talked on this, but just for others. sm58/57 is not the right mic, some kind of room mic is needed... also some small amplifier is prb. needed..
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.