Posting events into the online calander

chakan hislop

Posting events into the online calander

Post by chakan hislop » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:02 am

Hi, at the last meeting on Wednesday 6/12, we discussed and agreed that myself and Danny would post up events in the calendar together. It seems that the consensus was to get to grips with the nature of the events and how this information is propagated throughout the many distribution channel, in this case specifically web, that one would have to get involved in posting up the events. This would obviously allow the users posting an improved insight into;
1. what events are on
2. the nature of the events promotional text content
3. making it easier to make decisions on what would need to be done to improve information distribution and propagation.
4. As well as allowing the web & events WGs to ensure the events information is posted before or on the 1st of each month, which of course is the primary objective.

Since myself and Danny both have an interest in this, we agreed that we would both carry out this task. To facilitate this Pogo mentioned that he would set up a generic events calendar username and password, which would allow us both to post and edit each event in the calendar at different times. We are in constant contact with each other and any anomalies that occur due to this methodology can be ironed out during early adoption phase.

It was also discussed that sometime in the future we will create a Promoter CMS GUI (content management system – general user interface) which would basically allow anyone who has an event to post information into a centralized database, validating required key fields like the name of event, date, participants and detailed program time. This would allow in-house forest events people to collect information from source in a manner considerably more effective than the current events book, which I know everyone has learnt to love, but is causing rather more work than is prudent, and notable inconsistencies in the type of information we recieve on each event.

Comments please :roll:

danny

Can't upload anything..

Post by danny » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:30 am

It seems the site has changed since I was last posting writing. There no longer seem to be icons allowing me to upload anything. Pogo says on another computer this should work, but without regular access to one that does, I'm not going to be able to help with the web.

chakan hislop

Contact Pogo

Post by chakan hislop » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:52 pm

Hi Danny, what you need to do, is contact pogo, and request the new username and password for posting events.... This username and password should allow you access to post up events in the calendar...

If you still cannot do it for any reason then lets meet at the cafe, and I'll run you through it there... Incidentally infoseed (downstairs at the cafe) is now open from 4pm-8pm everyday apart from sunday, this might be a good place to work on this type of thing... as its a bit quieter down there, and the machines are better :))

It might also be a good idea to vollie down there, as that could be a good way to get into your machine building and software general knowledge...