computer printing problem

chris

computer printing problem

Post by chris » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:24 pm

do not seem to be able to print from windows machine often a problem...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

chombee

Post by chombee » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Hmm... seemed to be working recently except for one document Blue had. Perhaps the trouble is more extensive than I thought. I can drop in and install Ubuntu (dual boot) on the Windows machine soon. Ubuntu seemed to print perfectly fine when I tried a LiveCD last week. So maybe it will solve the problem. Would that be good?

Any other suggestions?
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:53 pm

we need to be able to print from windows.

also i've been using 'the gimp' and 'photoshop' a lot over the last week (in an independent trial)... and unfortunetly 'photoshop' is just miles better.. so that settles that then.?
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

chombee

Post by chombee » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:28 pm

Well, the gimp is not the only graphics program for ubuntu, although I think photoshop may still have the edge over all. At least in many people's opinion. But you can easily read files created on Windows from Ubuntu if it's dual-booting, so you could create something in Windows then reboot and print it from Ubuntu. You could also boot the non-printer machine into Windows, create something, then print it from the printer machine booted to Ubuntu. Filesharing is not setup between the two computers yet, but there is email, USB thumb drives, and https://www.dropboks.com/. Not perfect... I know, but better than not being able to print.

I guess we need to fix the printer on Windows really, but that's out of my field.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

lucky

Post by lucky » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:04 pm

chris wrote: i've been using 'the gimp' and 'photoshop' a lot over the last week (in an independent trial)... and unfortunetly 'photoshop' is just miles better.. so that settles that then.?
Gimp is amazing. You just don't know how to use it.

Makes me so sad.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!