I think it's alright.
What I like about it: Anyone can become a member and look after certain pages. People can even have their own page under Collective.
What I don't like. It's sometimes messy, out of date and for some reason you can't upload photos at the moment. I will write to Pogo to try and get that sorted.
Of course it could be better. But it's not a one person job.
It is a reflection of the Forest as a whole.
So what can people do if they want to help improve and update the website?
1. Become a member. (which is different from this bb) If you are not a member and wish to be a member ask here and I can make you a member easily.
2. Choose an area of the site you wish to manage.
3. Ask for new pages to be created. (The easiest way is to ask here and it will be done for you double-quick) There's no more space on the top bar so everything should be a sub category of what we've got.
4. The website uses the tool Joomla. It is quite straightforward but initially it can be a little daunting. It's best when someone talks through it. We will have a web session on Saturday 24th 2 til 4.
5. Do the work! There's no point setting all this up if no-one does the work. For example events always need updating. There is a simple system already in place but it doesn't get used to its full potential. So if you see something that needs improving, then it is you who can be improving it.
That's how it's gonna work.
If anyone has any other ideas let's discuss them here.
But let's not get too techy.