Website changelog

milk

Website changelog

Post by milk » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:14 pm

If you change something with the site, please please please post it here.

Removing the navigation block at the bottom meant that no 'full content editors' (who don't get the admin menu at the top) could see the links for 'Create content', 'Logout', etc. I've reverted this.

If you edit the theme, do say to avoid it being overwritten.

Also, only web team members need to be 'Full admins' - everyone else who wants to contribute content can be 'full content editors' (as the to do list notes, this will become more granular in the future).

thanks!
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

neil

Re: Website changelog

Post by neil » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:29 pm

milk wrote:Removing the navigation block at the bottom meant that no 'full content editors' (who don't get the admin menu at the top) could see the links for 'Create content', 'Logout', etc. I've reverted this.
Sorry about that. It looked awful before. Looks slightly better now, but still seems entirely pointless. Can you explain what it does? I mean, you just did explain what it does, but does it have to be there doing nothing and looking pointless when the content editors are not using it?
milk wrote:If you edit the theme, do say to avoid it being overwritten.
I edited "page.tpl" and "template" in the Colorize theme. I changed the contents of the search box to make it look less like other websites.

milk

Post by milk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:55 am

got fb/twitter/etc icons working, added donations button, misc style bug fixes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

milk

Post by milk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:24 am

whoopsy, should have been updating this more regularly

today i;

* created a panel for the shop page and added shop (+sip&snip+massage) info

* added the display of event item categories to the upcoming list on the front page

* enabled the image_resize_filter module - automatically resizes images using imagecache so people don't upload 5Mb files then only resize their how they are displayed when adding to a node thus making users download the full 5Mb original. veeeery handy.

* changed the contact page so people can now submit a message to the addresses previously listed there via the website.

other things i have done recently;

* created a panel for the events page and added info about our events being free and how to book a cafe slot, etc.

milk

Post by milk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:14 am

and, apparently naturally, the image resize isn't working. waiting for support.

milk

Post by milk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:15 am

the iCal feed is broken. it's only showing one item. just spent the last 4 hours trying to fix it. i'm giving up for now.

milk

Post by milk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:10 am

i've implemented http://drupal.org/project/password_change

mike - you lose.

milk

Post by milk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:21 pm

* moved the volunteering info on a separate page and put it in the primary links
* rearranged the primary links around
* updated Bristo Hall information
* updated 15 modules to latest versions
* updated the default logo img in colourise (not header logo img)
* updated working group info from guide wiki
* enabled the html purifier module (uses script of the same name)
* hacked images
* created a 'buttons' block, inserted into front page panel for the button images at top
* converted the button buttons page to 'bottom buttons' block, duh

*to do - get custom size button images for existing and new things to feature

milk

Post by milk » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:37 pm

* upgraded Drupal to 6.14, upgraded some misc modules

oh, and i also added a tagging style taxonomy for image gallery items last night.

milk

Post by milk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:18 pm

the automatic image resizing not working thing happens when the image has spaces in the file name. i've changed the support request to a bug report and renamed the offending images (the sip and snip image on the shop page).

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Ok, so whitespace characters aren't being escaped when the filename is passed to the image resize command line util. This should be easily fixable, I can take a look when I have some time.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

milk

Post by milk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:17 pm

* we are affected by http://drupal.org/node/512750 - i've turned off the "link to original sized image" for now.

* got some support on the calendar bug - http://drupal.org/node/549042 - used it to fix the problem which now means we get the fully shiny calendar with category colours and Prev/Next links on the events page - http://theforest.org.uk/events

milk

Post by milk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:12 pm

* tried to fix the multiple image upload problem, got further but now there's a new issue

milk

Post by milk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:34 am

* upgraded a whole load of modules
* recreated the front page from scratch to make the backend clearer

milk

Post by milk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:01 am

* fixed the Bristo Hall layout image and promo graphics links, added a link from the front page
* added description and location info to the ical feed (there is a bug in the system but an easy workaround for it)
* added initial aggregation of other sites - http://theforest.org.uk/aggregator
* upgraded FCKeditor

milk

Post by milk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:23 am

* added a brief sentence at the top of the front page about what The Forest is
* started work on an Info Panel that will supersede the current Info Page

milk

Post by milk » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:58 am

* upgraded 9 modules
* fixed IMCE folder settings (broke them by accident a few days ago)
* sorted The Café page and fixed the Info page a bit

* bug: Create content -> Panels not working with Admin Menu

milk

Post by milk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:39 pm

* upgraded 19 modules, 1 theme and the core from 6.14 to 6.15 (that was all so very fun..)
* patched Views as the front page disappeared after the module upgrade

i'm gonna upgrade the BB in the next few days then have a good medium rethink of the whole layout of the Drupal site.

wow, having a working internet connection and a computer that's all there is well productive....

milk

Post by milk » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:18 am

* fixed event posting
* updated a few modules
* moved from the error causing admin_menu module to the admin module which is slick nice
* installed the poormanscron module which means behind the scenes system things happen regularly
* installed the logintoboggan module which allows users to login with their e-mail address
* installed feeds, schema and data in an attempt to get feed aggregation working. fail so far tho.
* installed views_rotator, scrollable and scrollable_content to try get a js image carousel panel on the go for the front page.
* added all of the 2010 WG meets

milk

Post by milk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:19 pm

apparently barnabas upgraded from php 5.2 to 5.3 recently - this caused an error with displaying items with displaying fields from some types of content. i've patched calendar and date to fix the main loooong errors there were.
warning: Parameter 1 to profile_load_profile() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/forest/public_html/includes/module.inc on line 462.
is a core Drupal problem with php 5.3, patch pending.

the trackback module is also knacked, but i've disabled that as it doesn't work properly currently anyway.

milk

Post by milk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:27 am

i created extra block displays for the event calendar View for each event type (apart from 'General meeting', which i'll probably add into the 'Other Free Events' block)..

this means there are now four upcoming event list blocks on the right hand side of the front page, making it much easier to tell what is happening. win imo.

milk

Post by milk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:22 am

upgraded a few modules

milk

Post by milk » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:33 pm

joachim and I did somethings, including;

* added an image field to the News content type for easy addition of graphics, a la tumblr
* trimmed down the primary links to internal links
* added an 'external site' content type with a linked image field - these power a view block display that replaces the previous button images
* removed the event listings from the front page
* altered the theme colours

* upgraded a few modules

milk

Post by milk » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:51 am

done: * Event calendar - get exposed filters for Location and Type on 'event_calendar' working (worth just setting up a separate view to simplify things?)