IT Team to-do list

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
milk

IT Team to-do list

Postby milk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:59 pm

in an attempt to organise the assembly, fixing and other setup of computers for use in The Forest, i'm putting a call out to for those interested in joining a confederation of IT types who have the occasional time and interest available to help.

are you interested? please comment bellow so i can pm/e-mail out occasional action updates.

do you know of a friend, forum or list through which Edinburgh IT volunteer help (specifically with Ubuntu knol) might be found? please post there with a link to this thread :)

for those coming here from such a source, please check out http://3.ly/forestguide and/or http://theforest.org.uk for more on The Forest as an organisation.

the most recent to-do list:

* setup a private file share between the admin machines

* build a permanent second admin machine from the parts available in the Action Room. maybe the Dell we found on the street will be a good start? also, set this up software wise and move it to the Admin Office.

* get all 4 glossy black tower machines in the Action Room running well. two have firewire and for potential video editing.

* setup a server box for file storage and more

* get 2 or 3 of the Sun boxes setup as basic web browsing machines

* setup a box to go next to in the café sound area for audio/video recording, streaming (ustream.tv or similar) and playback, karaoke and more.

from details of the above can be found , or in other BB threads.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

renaclerican
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: IT Team formation

Postby renaclerican » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:43 pm

milk

Postby milk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:41 am

hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

jimmy83

Postby jimmy83 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi,

Let me know If I can help you with any computer related issues.

I would luv to take sum time out for Forest. Its just am amazing place.

I am an IT engineers (mostly deals with network and system issues)

Cheers,

Amjad

milk

Postby milk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:42 am

might you be able to come along during the day on friday the 8th?

check for issues needing worked on. might you have any experience of setting up a user/file server using linux?

Return to “Website/Online”