IT Team - Action Room Action Day!

nix

IT Team - Action Room Action Day!

Post by nix » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:50 am

Hello:

After discussion with ChaoticMike, we decided to do a call out for help with the Action Room Computers.

Please can we set a date/time for a consolidated effort to get at least two Linux machines running in there.?

Can we get the Scanner set up so you can choose the destination as any of the computers in there even the Macs?

thanks!

milk

Re: IT Team - Action Room Action Day!

Post by milk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:08 pm

wordness. i can advertise this on the TechMeetup mailing list, etc, when the date/time is sorted so try lure new vollies to help.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:00 pm

No need.

Dr Mike's PC Express has blazed through town. We have two working x86 machines again as well as the two macs. If I can find enough keyboards and mice, I will get the SPARCs plugged back in and we'll have 6 working machines.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

milk

Post by milk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 pm

sweet as :)

hmm, need to revisit the IT team to-do list soon, and need to get that damn miniatx ram from that friend! and getting the file server to appear in the Places menu would be killer...
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

chombee

Post by chombee » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:57 pm

and getting the file server to appear in the Places menu would be killer
Is this just a case of using Places->Connect to Server (and check 'Add bookmark').
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:37 am

Why would you need to? On one of the machines (second in from door, I think) and the Sparcs automount your /home from the fieserver when you login and if you don't have your own account, it logs in as forest and mounts that as /home.

I will set the other black box up to do this tomorrow.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...