IT/website coordinator?

gaia

IT/website coordinator?

Post by gaia » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:27 pm

We get a lot of applications from volunteers who would like to help with site maintenance/design/etc. Problem is, the situation is a bit confused and I never know who to send them to. I think we need someone from the IT team to give tasks to these people i.e. coordinate them a bit - unless we don't actually need them (which I doubt!). Who can I refer to?

chombee

Re: IT/website coordinator?

Post by chombee » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Right now I don't think there is anyone. I agree someone needs to be the go to person for the website, and someone needs to coordinate everyone who's posting to it and exert some quality control, it's getting to be a bit of a mess. I'm interested in taking this on and giving the website some love. I've been working on some improvements for it behind the scenes, but they are not quite ready to see the light of day. Maybe someone could create a website@theforest.org.uk email address and set it to forward to me?
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

gaia

Post by gaia » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Thank you Sean. Should I start redirecting application emails etc to your email address until we get one for the website?

chombee

Post by chombee » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:23 am

Sure go ahead, I've PM'd you an email address to use for me.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!