Return of the Volunteer Meeting! (5thJuly)

mina vacant

Return of the Volunteer Meeting! (5thJuly)

Post by mina vacant » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:05 am

Hey there kids!
That's right... It's been a while, but we're finally going to see the return of:

"THE VOLUNTEER MEETING"!!!

This will be a monthly meeting for all forest volunteers to discuss any foresty things that don't fall under the working group remits (and some that do)... The general idea is to provide a forum for everyone's voices to be heard on anything that strikes them as really important regarding the *bigger picture* at the forest (where it's at as a community, ethos, where it's going...), and also to have everyone together to share ideas and answer each others questions about any topic, *big or small*!

It's time we put all our collective energy together people! And make the forest totally kick-butt again! And we can totally do it, cos there's enough fantastic people that are making forest right now... we just don't communicate enough!!!

So let's all get together... next SUNDAY, 5th JULY (5-7pm) in The Action Room.

Regarding the Agenda: If anyone has anything they'd like to bring up or have discussed at the meeting, you can add it as a reply to this post. Alternatively, you can grab a kitchen manager when they're in the cafe and ask them for the *big agenda book* where you can jot down your idea. I'll then collate all the topics into a mega agenda. I'll post the mega agenda up here this Fri for people to suggest amendments/re-jigs.

Really looking forward to seeing you all there :mrgreen: :lol: :oops: :shock: :wink:

Forest. x

NB: The Volly Meeting has, in the past, been followed by a volly party... There's not one planned for next Sunday, but there's no reason we can't all hang out and do something fun afterwards anyway. Next month there'll be a proper party I reckon.
If you truly love film, I think the healthiest thing to do is not read books on the subject. I prefer the glossy film magazines with their big colour photos and gossip columns, or the National Enquirer. Such vulgarity is healthy and safe. ~ Werner Herzog

ravanwin

Re: Return of the Volunteer Meeting! (5thJuly)

Post by ravanwin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:49 am

Apologies - I will be away.
R

mina vacant

Post by mina vacant » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:42 pm

Sorry Folks...

The Volly Meeting tomorrow (Sun 5th) will have to be postponed since the cafe refurbishment has taken considerably longer than expected and it has to be the forest's priority to get the place up and running again as soon as possible. Every day the cafe is closed we lose money, and the less money we have the less cool shit we can do (cos then we struggle with bills, etc, NOT because cool shit intrinsically costs money)!

Anyhoo, I'm waffling. It's been a loooooong day/week.

Once we're back up and running I reckon we can get more people to the meeting as well, so doubly good. I will send out another post regarding this (new date, etc) once we're properly back on our feet.

In place of the meeting tomorrow, if any of you have even half an hour to spare tomorrow evening to help clean and tidy the place ready for reopening on Monday PLEASE PLEASE come along. It would really help make finishing up a lot easier for those who have been at the forest pretty much solidly since last Sunday workin their butts off to make the place nice. Plus, it's fun. And we can all stand about at the end of it and pat ourselves and each other on the back and appreciate how beautiful it all is! Yay!

Hope to see you tomorrow then, though not for the meeting.
Word.

Hannah

Post by Hannah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Hej, let's find a new date for the vollie meeting, because "postponed is not abadoned"! ;)
I'm one of the new evs and one part of my personal project is the volunteer coordinator. so i'd really like to hear what you guys have to say...

Cheers, Hannah