Mural proposal

Front of House, garden etc.
Gaz

Mural proposal

Post by Gaz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:22 pm

Email from Jonathan Baxter regarding mural below:

fantastic proposal for a festival mural

Dear Project people,

I'm not sure whether you're the right guys to contact, or whether this email should be sent to the cafe folk etc but I was wondering whether you're still wanting a mural for the wall in the cafe. I know there's a black and white mural up at the moment but if you'd like another mural for the festival (preferably to be painted in early July) then take a look at this attachment - the image is a sketch/painting made by my friend, Sarah (with a little help from me).

The design isn't finished yet (it will be less symmetrical) but the image will give you a rough idea. On the left is the Faslane Trident base and some singers/protesters - loosely based on the recent Choir's Blockade. On the right (I hope you can recognise it!) is a Scottish stag bewailing what stags bewail .... (its a symbol, don't you know). In the middle of the mural is the door (lightly sketched). The idea is that people will emerge from the woodland and/or enter the woodland and join the protesters.

There will also be text added to the image. It will be a quote from Rilke, roughly: Emerging at last from the violent insight let me cry out jubilation.

Let me know if you're interested and we can get the paint brushes wheeling.

All the best, JB.
the more you think, the more you stink

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:12 pm

pass