Mural proposal

Front of House, garden etc.

Mural proposal

Postby Gaz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:22 pm

Email from Jonathan Baxter regarding mural below:

fantastic proposal for a festival mural

Dear Project people,

I'm not sure whether you're the right guys to contact, or whether this email should be sent to the cafe folk etc but I was wondering whether you're still wanting a mural for the wall in the cafe. I know there's a black and white mural up at the moment but if you'd like another mural for the festival (preferably to be painted in early July) then take a look at this attachment - the image is a sketch/painting made by my friend, Sarah (with a little help from me).

The design isn't finished yet (it will be less symmetrical) but the image will give you a rough idea. On the left is the Faslane Trident base and some singers/protesters - loosely based on the recent Choir's Blockade. On the right (I hope you can recognise it!) is a Scottish stag bewailing what stags bewail .... (its a symbol, don't you know). In the middle of the mural is the door (lightly sketched). The idea is that people will emerge from the woodland and/or enter the woodland and join the protesters.

There will also be text added to the image. It will be a quote from Rilke, roughly: Emerging at last from the violent insight let me cry out jubilation.

Let me know if you're interested and we can get the paint brushes wheeling.

All the best, JB.

0 x
the more you think, the more you stink

Postby ravanwin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:12 pm

0 x

Return to “The Building”