Standing lamp / umbrella as a shade...

Front of House, garden etc.
Susana

Standing lamp / umbrella as a shade...

Post by Susana » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:13 am

Sorry I went ahead and added this 'contraption' of an umbrella to the standing lamp that is in the cafe by the couches.. I meant to suggest it/ consult it with those of you in charge on the cafe deco but I kept forgetting and today I had energy and the drive to try to do it myself... but as I said I should have spoken to you. So: please, please get rid of the umbrella if you want (in any case the idea is that it can be closed and doesn't occupy space if it is not used...)

(The story is that I had asked a few times for better lighting in that corner of the room -I cannot read my book otherwise- but nothing could be done so I went and bought a couple of lamps, so that anyone could make use of them. And by the way, the other lamp turned out to be too dark and of little help: maybe we could change something in it, like making holes on the shade to let the light go through)

As I said please do whatever you want with it -I would like to keep the umbrella myself if you want to discard it, though :|
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda

arizoniandreamer

Re: Standing lamp / umbrella as a shade...

Post by arizoniandreamer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi Susana!

I like this kind of little surprises in the café :) So your umbrella too, I would place it somewhere else (still around the couch but not in the middle of the 'little coridor' between the couch and the table). Actually I'm the new FrontofHuse menager, so if you have any other ideas, suggestions, then let's meet up at the Forest one day, I'm there almost every day.

P.s: I'll check this dark lamp-shade.. :)

Kata

Susana

Post by Susana » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Sure Kata, I'll look out for you next time I go to the Forest

By the way, the 'umbrella' thing is not totally finished yet: I would want to add some 'details' and make sure that you can close the umbrella. If that is ok with you, certainly 8)
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda

simone

Post by simone » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:13 pm

i love it susanna
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)