so no closing no panic, but here is the letter I sent to my lovely volunteers who will hopefully show up (though it might be a bit of a short notice...)
Anyone from here is more then welcome
"Hi Dear people of FOH group,
I'm organizing an Action Day for this Sunday to keep the cafe nice and clean. Here you have a list of things that I would like to get done by the end of the day. The more people we have, the sooner we finish with the work and can stuff our belly with food (and drinks) and dance to crazy space music on the volunteer party!!!! (For more details on this party check the walls in the building or search for the event on FB : 'Volunteer Party - Jacques Costeau's Space Age Fancy Dinner'
Soo back to the serious part
ACTION DAY TO DO LIST- SUNDAY, 22th of May, 10-7pm
- take care of the library: take off the books from the shelves, clean them put ‘SWAP BOOK’ stickers on the ones that has no such thing on them, collect the books wondering around the building
- keep the flyers, posters in order: get rid of old/non forest posters flyers in the building. Make signs on the boards: FOREST EVENTS/NON-FOREST EVENTS
- keep the front room, window sales, stage area tidy: get rid of all the crap that is always in the way when you try to close the shades, the leftover free-shop stuff that no one takes,
- put the board-games in the board-games box and put a sign on each of them saying: ‘Please put me back to the box after playing!’
- clean the staircases going up to the hall and down to the bathroom – broom+mop party
- get rid of graffiti (use white paint, be cruel!)
- get rid of the crap furniture in the café, fix those that are worth fixing (superglue/screw in the seat to the actual chair....if that makes sense), if you find any nice chairs around, bring it along on Sunday. (we can do this IF THE CAFÉ IS NOT TOO BUSY)
- take off the collage in the last toilet, think of something cool instead (THINK OF PROPOSALS FOR SUNDAY!)
- if we have time and motivated people make the ladie’s toilet a cool and clean space. There was an idea of putting a ’guest book’ where people could leave messages, express themselves, make art etc. instead of scrawling on the walls. what do you think? Would be grate to have a nice table, where girls can put their bags etc.+ maybe useful stuff for the bathroom.
- put new locks (hooks) on the toliet doors (it's illegal to have unclosable toilets in the uk (!??!!) really...)
- fix the door in the hole on the door in the men’s toilet
If iiIf you have any additional ideas of things that needs to be done (and possible to do on a Sunday when the cafe is NOT closed) please add. + if you have anything that you would like to realize from the last 'to do list', please don't keep it for yourself! We need your creativity, your talent, your handy hands and we need your energy to keep the Forest an always changing but still the same, vibrant art and social space.....SO PLEASE COME ON SUNDAY AND FEEDBACK IF YOU CAN MAKE IT OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!! BIG THANK YOU!
p.s: I would like to have a meeting soon where we can all sit down together and discuss and distribute the work we have to do in the future. Here is a doodle pool where you can vote for the dates which are the bests for you! http://doodle.com/fkd4htzud7eiseyn
So please vote, I would like to meet you all personally! "