Front of house, tell me!!

Front of House, garden etc.
alba

Front of house, tell me!!

Post by alba » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Hello people!

As we? I would like to remove the installation is in the stairs, ranging from hairdressing to the action room. The problem here is that there are some objects that do not know where to keep them, as television is very big ... This facility is very old, that's why I want to remove. And I'm not sure we can put in this place, you you have any ideea?

Alba

:lol:

chris

Re: Front of house, tell me!!

Post by chris » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:34 pm

best to speak to martin about the installation : 07813833301

the television ca n be freecycled or binned.

ultra!

Chris
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ken

Post by ken » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 am

can someone do a fundraising transparency for the internally illuminated display box? best attention grabber in building if done right!
consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:17 am

Good idea. Anyone?

nix

Post by nix » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:36 pm

yeah I can do it! I would love to!

alba

Post by alba » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Thank you very much for the phone number Chris, my problem is I can't talk to people very well, and by phone is more difficult for me ... Can You give me the email of Martin, please?

Ken, you're talking about the donation boxes? If this seems a good idea, let's see if we can do something similar!

To the corner on the stairs I thought of doing an installation, but I need the cooperation of all forests .... I think it can be fun for all people and very nice! I want to build a tree with fruit, but the fruits will be the heads of the forest people. To you like this idea? What do you think? I'll hang some pictures and some drawings so that you can imagine such as this facility and could give me your opinion and if you want, you can be one of the fruits!

Alba
:D

ken

Post by ken » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:51 am

I'm talking about the light box, hung from the ceiling on chains above the fire door leading to toilets and cafe

nix

Post by nix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:08 pm

To the corner on the stairs I thought of doing an installation
I like this. In the past we have tried to get artists to use this space.
I want to build a tree with fruit, but the fruits will be the heads of the forest people. To you like this idea? What do you think? I'll hang some pictures and some drawings so that you can imagine such as this facility and could give me your opinion and if you want, you can be one of the fruits!
I really don't like this idea.

also.. whatever goes there must be strong and able to withstand being poked by the public.

what about a built in TV screen showing peoples animations on a loop? You could do one with fruit-heads? I am up for running an animation workshop.

thanks.

N.

AnneSof

Post by AnneSof » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:56 pm

nix wrote:what about a built in TV screen showing peoples animations on a loop? You could do one with fruit-heads? I am up for running an animation workshop.
I can ask ECA folks who showed their movies at the films fundraiser if they'd be okay with us using some of their films? There was some pretty nice stuff. Sure they did it in an expansive school and not in a Forest workshop so I don't know if it's appropriate, but it could be temporary, until you get your workshop running?

My point was just that I have beautiful animation that I'm pretty sure we could use. ^_^

@Alba: I like the idea of a tree, but not in the stairs because it will be damaged by people, and putting people's faces on it might be a tiny bit egocentric. But using a tree and its network of branches is a great graphic idea to hold on to no? Though I'm pretty sure we've had trees before... after all it's the FOREST^_^

alba

Post by alba » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Sorry for the confusion Ken ... I have now come down to see what box you talk to me and I can not see ... I'm not sure who you are, but if you know who I am can show me one day when you see me at the bar, please? In Spain, says: "There is an ill wind that blows no good", my confusion about your first comment gave me an idea for the donation box ....

Nix, I'm not sure to understand very well what you tell me ... (I'll hurry to learn English ...) But TV does not show that there are no images, I think that installation does not work for a long time ... I would like to remove it because this is very old, dirty and the TV does not work ... That's why I want to know who owns the television or where I can put to empty the corner and put in that place the tree (not a real tree.) Heads / nuts are going to be streets, so they will not weighing too much, and the tree does not have to be a big tree, it can be something like a tree and a bonsai.I think answer to your question about weight. But again I do not get too much comment ... You like the existing installation? I hope not to offend anyone with my idea ... I see AnneSof also says something about the current installation, I knew I had not so important. But if this is so important for me is fine, but I think it has to look a little more to install, clean or do something to make it look more beautiful. I repeat, no offense to anyone, and I'm not sure if I understood all the comments ...

I would like to know, if possible, because this facility was built, I understand that this was important in the past.

Greetings, Alba

mirja

Post by mirja » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 am

the tv was donated to the gallery last june and was used in the betamaps gallery project.
last time i checked it worked.
i dont think there is a dvd player there tho
i think to use it in that space would be great - for showing films, but also showing any info we need to get out.
there were some 'infomercials' made by the forest in the past and these could be great also on that tv. the stairs get a lot of traffic but the space a bit cheerless. its also dark so any art installation is not going to be very well seen.
I think people would really enjoy seeing interesting films/shorts/info looped

ken

Post by ken » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 am

I worry that a video loop there would be a potential source of congestion if the video is any good. That staircase is primarily a circulation space and fire exit. Light can be provided there, a static installation is less likely to provoke loitering (if I am allowed to say that without prejudging issues of artistic value).

alba

Post by alba » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 pm

but the space a bit cheerless. its also dark so any art installation is not going to be very well seen.
I think people would really enjoy seeing interesting films/shorts/info looped
Yes, indeed, the corner is sad, old, dark ... that is why I am suggesting to do something in this space. If you want to continue the current installation, I think it's perfect! But do not think we could do something to make it look more beautiful and clean. And in my humble opinion, it makes sense that this facility continues in place does not work ... We could organize something to work. Yesterday I spent some time looking at the system as the balls move, I think it is great fun, but is not working ... The corner is dark, but if there is electricity for television, there to install a light bulb.

It is also true that if you project images on the TV, this can draw people's attention to two possible consequences: 1) that people in the street between the jungle (very good) and 2) that the same people loitering by the building too often and without control ...

Honestly, I would like to put this most beautiful corner, with my installation, or the current installation, but we have to do something with the current look!

Someone said in previous comments (sorry for my oversight, I do not remember who ...) that my idea might seem ostentatious in that corner. My question is: if the idea is good but not space, what we can do it? If we change the space for my idea we keep the current installation Could not ostentatious my idea elsewhere?

Greetings

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:55 pm

yo
the marble run should be repaired or removed. I will PM martin L about it.
I think the tree is a lovely idea, but I think having peoples faces on it is a little bit weird. how about some other kind of fruit?
something like a tv installation would probably work well.
x