CB & Phone

ravanwin

CB & Phone

Post by ravanwin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:03 pm

2 things:

1) the phone in the office is shit. maybe we need a new wire. maybe we need a new phone. either way, it is pointless because you can't hear anything on it.

2) Think: CBs. Walkie-Talkies. Why? For the following reasons.

Volunteers would be able to reach people in the office easily and immediately to inform them of phone calls etc.

durring the fringe / big events a pair of wandering walkie talkies would help us all be aware of trouble, and would make it easier to find someone if help was needed outside or in the church hall etc.

i think they would be very cool.

r

chris

Post by chris » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:31 pm

i think i got some walkie talkies from octy... but they will get lost... wont they?

even if i put them on a string....

actually dan has the perfect thing...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

dan

Post by dan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:35 pm

you guys can have them if you want so long as
1 - they're used
2 - they're loved and taken care of

not sure if they'll have the range though
it's an intercom by the way...
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:01 pm

i was thinking. We nail one / chain one to a shelf near a phone upstairs and same thing with a cb downstairs. Then, durring the fezzy, venue managers could each have one and, obviously, they'd be responsible of getting them back in place at the end of the night....

ALSO: We need a NEW projector. Soon.

swithun

Post by swithun » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:12 pm

Newington Bandit and Denim Demon have a pair of walkie talkies for load during the festival. I'll test them when we get back from the land of the talkie walkies. If there is any damage, then it should be paid for, but otherwise, they are available.

They are the kind that can operate with others, so you could get another pair for upstairs, outside, kitchen and office, and have a 4 way conversation about bears and convoys.