submissions

stephengoodall

submissions

Post by stephengoodall » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:11 am

the idea was to set up a system of different numerical categories to help with filing the incoming proposals. This is a technique which is used in alot of the annual exhibitions to help with organisation in the face of so many works.

if their were four different categories they might be broken down like this:

1) a definite yes. the commitee is decided that this proposal would be a good show and it needs no further development.

2)good. a strong proposal but needs more investigation or discussion to determine its suitability.

3)needs work. proposal unclear or does not show enough evidence of prior work. needs to be developed further.

4) a definite no. proposal not of desired quality/work not suitable.

this might seem like unnecessary semantics i dunno

Thoughts?

another thing that was mentioned at tthe meeting was the idea of inviting artists to submit proposals through a pre-made e-flier or something. this would mean that if anyone saw some decent work from an emerging artist they could mail them the flier which would read something like:
"Total Kunst is an artist led initiative blah, we like your work and are currently holding an open submisiion for proposals"

we could also stipulate that we are not interested in seeing the same work from degree shows as well. would that be useful?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:56 pm

all sounds really really good to me....

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:14 pm

I like the idea steve , it would help organize the process.
personally i would like the submissions system to have a more enthuses on people turning up to the monthly meeting rather than just being to a spectator to process , this would help to create dialog between the artist the forest in general . Most of the people submitting where local and its only once a month . and for what i gather is that total kunst is pretty unique in regards to the openness of the process