art in festival theatre space

alice

art in festival theatre space

Post by alice » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:00 pm

We have a czech artist who can only be here in the first 2 weeks of august who wants to exhibit her prints/drawings on the walls upstairs and perhaps do a talk in the theatre. I think this would be good as it would means a chance for people to hear about the work. how does this sound. are the walls free? if not maybe on the stairs?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 pm

sounds cool.... stairs or space would be ok by me. i've asked debbie to comment....

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:26 pm

actually this is a what they could do, they did issue..... contact them via the myspace.... or email me personally for EDs email. ok?
r

alice

Post by alice » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:36 pm

who's ed? i'm not sure what you mean

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:42 pm

ed is organizing the whole space for the first two weeks of august.

(oh shit... um, including the gallery. that IS noted someplace? right? or am i off?)

alice

Post by alice » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:51 pm

yes thats noted in our listings as the 5th to the 12th. I'll ask if she can do it when they're not on. maybe after?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:05 pm

no no... it should be cool in the stair well or something.

i'll write to ed now with the text of this and your email cc'd.

sorry for crap communication

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:48 pm

FROM ED:

sounds cool but as ever I can't make a decision single-handedly or in an instant. send me a bit more detail and i'll put it to the others: as with the futureshorts chap, it depends on her work fitting in with our general nonsense. can't really say for definite until we know exactly what it is she does... does she have a website or anything? let me know and i'll put her in touch with hestia, who's co-ordinating physical exhibits and the like.

ed.

What They Could Do

Post by What They Could Do » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:08 pm

alice, i'm the person at WTCDTD responsible for forest / edinburgh liason. hello! are you part of the VA WG, or totalkunst, or both? didn't i email you a while back with a proposal, or was that someone else? argh, the confusion!

umm there MAY be plans to use the stairwell. i'm not anything to do with the hanging of work or permanent exhibitions... that's the remit of another of our crew (the lady hestia, to be precise). it's possibly worth mentioning that I am not organising the space itself, as you seem to suggest... i am merely responsible for passing stuff between the forest and WTCDTD. i really don't know what's going on in terms of the specifics of exhibiting.

we are having a meeting tonight, after which i shall get back to both of you via email. but even if the stairwell is free, we really really need to see some examples of this czech lady's work before we say yes or no to including her.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:49 am

what a strange and giant ship we are all in.... thanks ed for posting that. Alice is VA / Kunst (it's all the same, really)....

that is all.

alice

Post by alice » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:52 am

Ok you can see her paintings at:

http://skupina001.info/?page_id=25

but she's bringing drawings/screen prints etc. as they are easier to transport. If you'd like to see those you could mail her on

barbora.lungova@centrum.cz

thanks x

ravanwin

FROM ED GILLET

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:22 pm

FROM ED GILLET

hey ryan,

i've asked people about these new guys you've been talking to, like the czech artist lady and this joel midden chap, and i'm afraid it's not looking like it's going to be possible to fit them in. we've pretty much finalised the lineup, and we are planning on using the stairwell. so unless it's going to cause you problems to say no to them, then it's probably best to try and fit them into a spot after the 12th. that sound alright? sorry not to be able to fit them in.

other than that, our stuff is looking well good. hopefully we'll be getting you a rough idea of what we're doing day-by-day pretty soon.

see you soon! eeek! yay! wooo!

ed.