meeting with Ola Rek

LisaFin

meeting with Ola Rek

Post by LisaFin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi all,

Had a meeting with Ola Rek today about her proposal. At the last meeting we spoke about being interested in her drawings and finding out a bit more about her work etc. Heres some points we discussed -

Ola would prefer to make the work she proposed but is happy to consider incorporating some of her drawing into the work. Her most current work is large scale installations. She didnt seem too keen on having a show of drawings alone.

We spoke about her use of materials (natural wood and branches). She is interested in the crossover between natural and man made objects and she spoke about painting the construction of branches black and grey also she plans on looking into where to get so many branches! She liked the idea of having "a forest in the forest"

Also, she would be interested in chatting to people about her work during install etc.

do you think it would be a good idea for her to resubmit a proposal? or maybe a few more drawings?

chris

Post by chris » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:56 pm

cool.

i dont know what she proposed, but could she not do exactly what she wants? installation sounds good?
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

LisaFin

Post by LisaFin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Yeah, I dont see why not.

I think it would look great in the space.

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:20 pm

from what i remember of the proposal i think it would look good too. I think it was decided in the last meeting that some clarification was necessary to see exactly what the artist was proposing.

i geuss another subject for the next meeting to see when she could do it?

martinmckenna

hi

Post by martinmckenna » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:31 pm

it all sounds good to me

here is the artists web site , for those that have not seen the work

http://olarek.carbonmade.com/