Sound mixing at events

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
nospoons

Sound mixing at events

Post by nospoons » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:31 pm

Chris showed Me, Andrew and Nick around the mxer and PA in the cafe so including Pete and Chris that at least 5 people who know their way around the set up now.

Were wondering what people thought about introducing some sort of procedure for bands who want a hand with sound getting one of us to help out. I think there might be a section in the gig book to indicate that bands want a hand but im not sure what happens after that. One suggestions was that people happy to help set up the sound just look through the book and contact bands who want help. Another suggestion was to have contact details in the book and have bands contact people directly.

So were wondering if any one had any suggestions, with the festival coming itll be good to get the sound proper good.

cheers
censorship with a cunt

lucky

Post by lucky » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:58 pm

I think it needs to be put to bands more implicitly that they should get in touch with Soundies should they need help, or face the consquences.

It doesn't seem to be so far. I didn't even know this facility was here! I am blind.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

chris

Post by chris » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:02 pm

i think if sound dudes wanna be proactive and contact bands to offer to help them make it sound great, then that is wickked.......... band can say 'yes or nos'

xxxxxxxxxx
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

nospoons

Post by nospoons » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:18 pm

i think i would be more keen on bands putting in a wee bit of work and contacting sound people them selves, could be a pain int arse to go through contact every band playing in a given time period

im no sure the best way of bands doing that though, IM via the BB would seem like a good idea, but soes mean that bands would have to be signed up to it, i cant really have me number number available publicly (cause of me job) put could give an email address....
censorship with a cunt

lucky

Post by lucky » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:48 pm

Any time anyone wants to book and event I always tell them, read the guidelines on the front of the events dairy and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED WAY BEFOREHAND - DON'T ASSUME WE WILL HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED.

Then they do read the front of the book. If it comes to the night and they panic, it's their own fault and I warned them.

PLEASE put something on front of the events book about sound. Maybe someone would like to redo the guidelines in general and make sure the info is still relevant.

(skip to the end to miss out the rant)

When people come to do events and panic, I panic. And the Nachos are burning under the grill. No one's serving the customers. And I'm still trying to find a Night Manager. And this guy/chicks pissed off with me because I don't know the code for the Cave because there's not enough cymbal stands and seem unhelpful and I'm wondering if we're really being as clear as we can about what they have to do. Or I want to tell him/her that they are stupid and should know better.

Oh, wee rant. I'm going to post this up in Cave and Events too. I think we could maybe be a lot clearer about how much we are/ are not able to help people when doing events.

Maybe we don't need to, and they should just know better.

But the KM can't deal with it when thinking of so many other things.

Basically, I'm asking in a roundabout way if someone can make sure the front of the Events book is ultra clear, relevant and accurate.

Shears, Alex*
Bohnenflaschen!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:43 pm

concerning bands contacting sound people, I would suggest a simple list of email addresses of the people wanting to do the mixing. with the warning that these people are volunteers and will also not have everything the band needs.
meaninglessdream.net

pandacetamol

Gig on Aug 12th

Post by pandacetamol » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:09 pm

Hi there folks,

I will be playing a gig in the Forest on Sunday 12th along with two chaps from Earth Monkey Productions based in Cumbria...

We are all "electronic" based and I was just wondering if anyone with the techy knowledge will be around at 7.30ish to help us set up? I will buy the volunteer a "beverage of choice" for the trouble!

cheers!