Forest Massive Events durring August!

ravanwin

Forest Massive Events durring August!

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:12 pm

All:

despite the fact that the excellent What They Could Do They Did are comming to rock us out the first week of august we STILL need to throw a massive and amazing OPENING NIGHT PARTY.

For the first time in years, I will not be around to help plan this but there are so many amazing creative and exciting people about, it shouldn't be hard....

So... think about what bands you want to play, if you wanna give stuff away, free champagne, etc etc etc.

I was thinking it would be good to have an anti-fringe / anti-edinburgh kind of party called Hotel City 3000. But, I'm not sure it is a good or clever idea or if we have the time / energy to plan it properly with giant hotel murals, a special edition cia nights etc.... but, maybe, there are other ideas.

Anyway, I'll be in touch to try to help but it is time to get cracking.

mushy peas,
r

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:14 pm

maquarade ball, anyone? free forest masks for all?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:33 pm

carnivale style with kissing boots and cotton candy... etc?

lucky

Post by lucky » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:37 pm

I'm totally up for Hotel City 3000. I love it!

And, any other ideas will be easy to make happen.

I'm willing to oversee, if you like and someone wants to help? Is there a budget? What's the exact date?

Anyone any more suggestions? Performers/ances? Forest Masqe theme?

Food fight?

A giant cardboard train?

Attempt to raise Johnny Cash from the dead?

Emo corner?

Inspired by the stupid prices at the 'Taste' thing they did in the Meadows (i.e. it was £15-20 extra to get into the 'VIP' area, and I don't think being stupid enough to pay that makes you important, let alone very) I want to at one point have a corner of the room curtained off as a VIP area and charge £15 to get in, but it's really crap inside. Like, there's nothing there. Maybe a sign that says YOU ARE NOW VERY IMPORTANT.

Hotel City 3000 - what could we do with that? I'm seriously totally up for that.

Can I take this one on?

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:15 pm

The budget is unlimited.

I like badges. / Stuff to give away to poeple. VIP area sounds interesting, though impractical. Maybe without the charge.

Opening night band thoughts were:

Keydickfloppydon

asazi space funk explodion

black diamond express

exploading dj
ras dj

Black cat? maybe?

Bills Band?

We have up and downstairs, I guess. Fill it up and pack it out and make it look cool. see you on the second.
r

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:47 pm

Asazi Space Funk Explosion will be up for it! :D
It's like God's vagina!

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:17 pm

What date is this meant to be on?

Well, I think we're going with the glamorous

Masquerade Ball

Would be nice to do with a twist if possible (keeping in mind time scale to prepare). Totally ripping off another idea, how about doing it with a darker elegance (http://www.vampireballpdx.com) - this is borne from a completely selfish idea that I've always wanted to do a 'goth' night but never thought how to make it good. It could lend itself to more interesting things happening than a regular one. Maybe a regular one would throw up enough interesting things itself?

Or, Masquerade Burlesquerade? We could get some acts together to perform sexy/STOOPID Burlesque. My fake wife may be able to help out easily with this.

Combination?

Other things?

Talk.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:09 pm

Anything involving fake wives sounds good.

If I had my way, we would all be wearing boiler suits and sweat bands and listening to hard rock. I suppose its lucky I don't get my way very often.

I think it is on the 1st August, Alex.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:05 pm

Can you talk to your fake wife before tomorrow night, Alex? Would be good to have an idea before the meeting where we decide for sure that we want to do the masquerade theme...

lucky

Post by lucky » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:02 am

I'll speak to her tonight.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:30 pm

French gothic cabaret style - think late 19th century paris - deep blood reds and peacock blues, feathers, cushions, candels, red wine, jesters, absinth drinkers, musicians, poets, prostitutes, drunken sing alongs etc. Is that what you were getting at?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:23 am

first friday.