A book to sell??

Records, publishing, shop etc.
Shannon

A book to sell??

Post by Shannon » Tue May 15, 2007 4:28 pm

Do It Yourself. A Handbook for Changing Our World Edited by The Trapese
Collective Out May 2007 - http://www.handbookforchange.org

It has just been published and is being offered to social centres to sell. It will cost us £6 (£12 from Pluto) and we can sell for what we like. We can also return whatever we don't sell.

Are we interested? I am. We could keep one up at the counter, and the rest downstairs in the office. And perhaps one for the library? Tis a good price.

dan

Post by dan » Tue May 15, 2007 5:13 pm

yes i also think this would be very good and we should go for it. ahhh but the shop. to dream of a shop. amybe we could sell forest stuff and merch in the Afghan schools/community Link shop thing we're opening soon? Sorry that's an aside. Anyway i think this book would be good to have and flog.
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue May 15, 2007 8:20 pm

The shop will be great, one day. But for now there is no reason we can't sell the book at the counter, or even in the glass display case (if it's locked).

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu May 17, 2007 12:50 pm

Okay, I'm going to order some. They can be returned if people don't like it.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:07 pm

The book is looking stylish in the display case. If you haven't seen it, here is the website.

But:

There be ten when they was brought. I bought one. When I put them in the display there were 7+1 for the counter.

That means one is missing. Did you take it and pay for it? Would be nice to know! And if you didn't pay for it: you're a fucker! Bring it back!

chombee

Post by chombee » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:26 pm

This book is not free-as-in-freedom. I cannot condone it. Can we sell this book too? http://poignantguide.net/ruby/ It is a book with a soundtrack and so much more. There is even a t-shirt for the book that says "Addiction is like pokemon! Let's collect every cigarette ever!"
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

danny

The Underachievers Manifesto

Post by danny » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:31 am

I've got a book in the house which seems sinilarly Foresty. "The Underachievers Manifesto - The Guide to accomplishing litle and feeling great". It's a total half assed masterclass and you're all welcome to borrow it. I don't want to give it to the library though, cos my last library offerings including "The Beatles Complete" songbook ( my only copy ) just ended up getting nicked. Balls.