KM tips

ravanwin

KM tips

Post by ravanwin » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:13 pm

kitchen people,

i think i need to give a crash course on forest festival kitchening....

let me know when you are availible.

tips:

1) use magi-mix for everything

2) quit roasting veg

3) stabalize the salads

4) green salad: in morning make GIANT BOX of tomato and cukumber (using magi mix) --- add leaves as necessary.

5) make 60 sandwiches. (yes. and increase the orders!)

6) more rice, more curry. make sure NIGHT staff has quick easy stuff to sell.

7) you can make most items in 10 minutes (ie. salsa / hummus etc) . so, when NECESSARY marshall all your vollies, close the kitchen and make the salsa challange. REMEMBER to go large.

8) mircowave burritos with cheese and salsa already on top. Speed is of the essence.

9) get rid of the que, then do the food.

10) (this one might just be personal) don't use the knives, you are too tired. Use the magimix.

there is more but i will help you.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:10 pm

Confession: I have never used the magimix for salsa. How do you use that little bowl attachment on top??

I am moving back to tinned chickpeas this week for the remainder of August. It's fucking crazy to be soaking and cooking them right now.

swithun

Post by swithun » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:26 pm

Magimushed salsa is just nasty. And who has been putting tomato puree in it recently?

I'll come down with my knife and give a crash course in pepper and finger cutting.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:52 am

salsa: magi mix using the big bowl and big attachment. don't over blend.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Swith: I did it today with the magimix and it turned out great. And so much faster!!!! But you have to be very careful to keep an eye on it so it doesn't over blend.

No one was putting puree in. The tinned tomatoes were super thick for some bizarre reason. Seems to have sorted itself out now.

AlexPosts

Post by AlexPosts » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:49 pm

I put ALL of the ingredients into the magimax and WHIZZZZED. Had a couple of incidents with still huge chunks of onion, so maybe need to chop them finer first. Apart from that fine.

Although, it tasted a lot sadder than the hand method. Lacks the energy of love with the longer prep. But we can't afford longer prep.

Auras, people. Auras.

A*
I am just here for business.

DON'T send this person messages for Alex. PM or whatever to the so called 'starfragment'.