golden hour pay pal

Records, publishing, shop etc.
ravanwin

golden hour pay pal

Post by ravanwin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:44 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JESUS SWEET BUDAH CAN WE PLEASE SORT OUT A PAY PAL BUTTON FOR THE GOLDEN HOUR WEB PAGE.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we spent a lot to make the book and we are sure it will sell if we tell people how to buy it!

r

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:51 pm

has anything been said on this at all yet? its something thats been bugging me for a while as there are lots of items in the shop where there is no paypal button so we are losing potential online sales. ok of course we arent gonna start shiffting thousands of units, but it would just be nice for the stuff to be buyable if people want it.

when one submits a new shop item there is a field with the comment: "PayPal buy now button code [if Forest Records is selling your item - we will generate this for you]:"
so i guess its a simple matter of adding this code to the field when one adds the shop item. who has the code? - please post it on the bb.
as far as im concerned, money from any sales of my work forest can keep.
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:48 pm

this is something i wanted to do for a while. heres a list of items in the shop which have no paypal button i.e. which are not purchasable through the homepage:

danseizure - lets not go out with...
ragland - seexons
dirk markham - psv3
miroslav mitrovic - songs of the future
umbrella mouth - electronic shopping
danSeizure Vs danAmbrose
danseizure - at home with
danseizure - in bed with...
dirk markham - psv2
dirk markham - advent
cmg - dont go midi
peter escott - live at the forest (actually priced at £ (GBP))
peter escott - 4 seconds ep
arctic circle - volume one
dirk markham - my definitions of country

that mean, out of 22 items, only 7 have paypal buttons and can actually be bought.
gonna post this on website and shop threads too....
just gimme the forests paypal code and tell me how to add it to existing shop items.
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

beev

Post by beev » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:55 pm

Can we stop doubling up posts please people. It is both annoying and dum. This kind of stuff should probably be discussed in the shop forum, no?

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:36 pm

who's in shop+website wg?

beev

Post by beev » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm

Whoever does stuff is in the group :D

Sorry about my post above. I get really annoyed when people post the same thing in 2 or 3 places and it leads to several versions of the same conversation which leads to all kinds of unnecessary complications. It doesn't actually matter so much where the thread is, as long as its a relevant place and it is only posted once!

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:33 pm

dum-da-dum-dum-daa! no worries. although ryan started it ; ) im telling mum! but i was interested to know who's in BOTH shop and site wg as this issue is relevant to both - perhaps seperate wgs need to meet occasionaly (or does that already happen). i think this kind of overlap is interesting...
and sometimes its just easier (especially for me, not being in daily contact) to IM people if you know they have the answer your looking for

keep the cosmic trigger happy, Drock

beev

Post by beev » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:53 pm

The working groups have been melded into megagroups, so website and shop both come under 'behind the scenes', and all should meet together.

But in terms of both website and shop, things are happening kind of organically and there's not necessarily a lot of stuff to get discussed in a meeting.

The shop is looking good... we have a cabinet full of stuff for sale and a system that can't really go wrong, in theory (though it would help if we had more buttons on the till!)

The website has been developing slowly and steadily.

I think it's great that you're looking into the online shop situation, Dirk. It's an area that has had little attention paid to it so far, but something which would be cool to have working properly...