Make an Album in One night Party

Records, publishing, shop etc.
Gandhi

Make an Album in One night Party

Post by Gandhi » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:08 pm

Anyone up for trying to write, perform and record an album/EP/ in one night? Anyone musical or artsitic minded can get involved and we can sit and write lyrics, we can get the musicans to come up with the music and we can record it live. it could be an evenings entertainment. Any views? aya? nay?, fookin stoopid idea? fookin great idea?
I'll organise it if you guys are up for it, and i know I'm slack when it comes to trying to find time to volunteer so I promise to do some shifts in September, sorry couldn't help out in August, i feel bad about it and I'm sorry.
It's like God's vagina!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:00 pm

sounds cool. could be hilarious. could be genius. i'd come down and shout things.

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:23 pm

I strongly encourage such endeavours.
Set your date.
Pep Up The Turmoil

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:56 pm

Ok, i'm very busy in September, but how about the first weekend in October? friday 5th?, saturday 6th?, or sunday 7th?Is that weekend free?. i know its a long way away but it lets me organise all the musicians and also it lets people pencil it into they're diary so they can make it along.
Spread the word to all the artsy fartsy/musician folks you know and we'll make it a mega one eh?
Who else wants to play in the band?
The band so far is me on bass guitar...thats it!...but if other people wanna play bass we can all have a go, maybe even at the same time. if you play an instrument and want to get involved then let me know.

Of course everyone can sing, and shout out random things (in ryans case) but it would be nice to have people who can actually play instruments to play the backing music, or else it would just be a mess of noisy shite, which is funny and all but not for a whole album!
Is it worth having a theme for the album/EP?, if so write your themes on this board people.
I know I'm asking a lot of questions but i just think it would be good to get as many people involved as possible so we can make a modern classic of an album....Mercury music prize here we come!
get involved people, it may be something you can play to your grand children one day!!! :idea:
It's like God's vagina!

bill

Post by bill » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:18 pm

its pobable that we should have someone who is hot at recording if you want to have an album made.........maybe someone who is ableton live hot or something?but i mean do what you like.

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:16 pm

Be aware that this is a direct clash with the three-day electronica festival we are hosting.
http://theforest.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3287
Potentially it could be incorporated or be totally separate,
personally I think you should work it for another weekend.
Pep Up The Turmoil

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:43 pm

the following weekend is a monster forest bash. this is the kind of thing we'd like to happen at it.

let's try to make it happen that weekend? can you come to a meeting mon. at 7pm to discuss in depth?
r

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:04 pm

yeah the weekend after sounds coolio, don't want to get in the way of the electronica people.
I'll come to the meeting on Monday.
Monday the 10th?
It's like God's vagina!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:35 pm

yep. the 10th.

the big ten OH!

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:53 am

coolio, see you on monday
It's like God's vagina!