TableTop - Finished eventually

lucky

TableTop - Finished eventually

Post by lucky » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:06 pm

After a long wait, here's the Forest TableTop

It may seem all over the place in structure, but this is so it can be printed out, stapled and folded in order to make a booklet with

FOREST WHAT
Welcome
Aims
Cafe
a mishmash of other things I didn't think too much about the order of
i.e.Gallery ****************
Darkroon |
Flim |
Intermet The order of these dudes
Fosters depend which way you staple the inner page.
The Maive |
Parden |
Free Slop |
Venu and Events ****************
Liberiary
Grantss
Wrokships
Recordings
Publishings
then
Working Groups at the back.

Vijay is going to post a suggestion for 'Environment'.

Please post suggested amendments. YOU HAVE TWO DAYS (i.e. until Thurs at 7pm) TO SUGGEST ANYTHING then I will print and staple print and staple.

Remember, a huge point of this is that it's straightforward, no in jokes, nothing freaky, nothing cliquey.

Golden Mark - shut your mouth. In advance. And hold it that way, thanks. I still want you though.

Now all we need is people to steal leaflet holders for tables one may find in corporate establishments. Haha, of course, I'm only joking and would never encourage such a thing.

Alex*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bohnenflaschen!

Jane

Post by Jane » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:29 pm

My Records amendment, feel free to change anys. Maybe it's too long now?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

As well as offering a free events space for bands to perform, The Forest also supports musicians through our subsidised practice/recording studio (The Cave) and our not-for-profit copyleft label, Forest Records.

Many local and international artists have been released under the Forest Records banner, including Danseizure, Ragland, Arctic Circle, Conflict Diamonds, Dirk Markham, Miroslav Mitrovic, The Very, MGM, CMG, The Abdominal Showmen, Ryan Van Winkle and Kenilworth, as well as various CD compilations and a (frankly glorious)10 inch vinyl. Most releases are available for sale in the café or online at http://www.theforest.org.uk/????? (add address here).

The Forest also operates an anti-copyright policy wherein all music played on the jukebox is by artists who are friends of Forest, who’ve played here, recorded, volunteered or just hung out. The majority of tracks are by unsigned bands: if you’d like to leave us your CD we’ll add you to the jukebox too.
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

Jane

Post by Jane » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:56 pm

Forest Publishing amended.

The Forest provides a free publishing label and publishing facilities to local writers in order to support and promote their work.

Some publication include: CIA Nights, our fortnightly zine; Submit, a series of collected works by open submission; Smallfry, a magazine collaboration between artists and writers; a number of poetry chapbooks, a recipe book and more. Recently, Forest Publications has also produced The Golden Hour Book, a collection of the best writing and music from the monthly event of the same name, which will soon be distributed nationwide.

Forest also operates the Forest Free Press which allows writers the resources to self-publish a pamphlet of their poetry or prose for free; if you are interested contact jane@theforest.org.uk
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Records - It's the *tiniest* bit too long.

Can we have the first paragraph of "The Forest has also a not-for-profit copyleft label, Forest Records." or something.

I don't think we need to put anything about the Cave or events space as they're already mentioned. Maybe bunch the music stuff together.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

beev

Post by beev » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:24 pm

I think it was perfect the way it was. Don't change anything!

chombee

Post by chombee » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:39 pm

Hey, this is really good Alex.

Typo police:
* Change "All you have to do it turn up" to "All you have to do is turn up."

* Change 'look at the webpage under the 'What We Do' section on The Forest website.' to 'look at the 'What We Do' section of The Forest website.'

* Change apoologies to apologies. I'm not sure what we're apoologising for though.

* Aims of the forest: aren't these the objects of the forest charity? Not the same as the aims of the wider forest, then? I think the charities aims alone are too narrow to appear as the aims of the forest generally, makes us sound like an art collective, when in fact we are more than that. I think it should say "The Forest is a registered charity, the charitable objects are:" and also give the charity number. There's a charity poster on the noticeboard now that has this.

* Change "Ther's" to "There's"

* Moak the most of it?

* Mainest source of income? Okay, I know this one was intentional

* "The Forest Library is the only organisation in Scotland that offers people the opportunity to physically exchange books" I think we should make this ridiculous claim regardless, but surely this isn't really true?

* Internet has a capital I. Oh I'm an asshole.
Do you want me to make these changes and upload a nice PDF version for printing? I think I would also use weirder fonts and slap on a couple of JPEG's of the forest logo or something. If someone can post the latest version with these amendments you and Jane have been talking about, I could do it tonight or tomorrow?

Like the new working groups poster, it'd be nice if VA or someone could art up a load of them for us once they're printed. We could then photocopy the drawn-on ones and laminate them.

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm

moak and ther already changed.

Apoologies is intentional.

Aims - I agree there could be something else. Anyone?

Minest is intentional.

I think the Library claim is a bit far fetched, but I like to believe this. Can I point out that most of this is ripped out from Gareth's brain from Arts, Community and Culture.

Gareth doesn't like it. He keeps looking at my laptop funny.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:32 pm

Yeah, typos changed on my version. Thanks for the compliments.

:D
Bohnenflaschen!

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Oh yeah, re: fonts and stuff, I'm just trying to keep it simple. Maybe a cooler font would be cool.

I'm up for Forest logo on the front, but not choc filled with pictures. This is only my poinonion, but it was discussed to keep it straight and simple, clutter free.

Disagreements?

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:26 pm

In case you don't have Unbuntu (why not!) here's the Word format, with the changes above.

A*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bohnenflaschen!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 pm

re: library.

to the best of my knowledge and research, the claim is true. we are the only book swap promoted and existing in physical form in scotland. there are book-swaps availible online but these need postage.

beev

Post by beev » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:28 pm

I'm sorry but this is bollocks. The pub down the road from me has a book swap.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:13 pm

That latest version you posted Alex....^^^^^ "TableTopWordAmended"
It's not at all.
It's something about "Alex Highet Therapies"
Whatever the hell that is?!?!?!

You are a banana!

This bit is quite interesting though...
We absorb over 60% of that which we place on our skin. So, as with eating and breathing, one has to think carefully about what we put on our skin, and therefore place in our bodies
the more you think, the more you stink

lucky

Post by lucky » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:05 am

Fuck! I was working on my leaflet on another window, I got confused. Free advertising, wayhey!

Yes, it's true. Over 60%. That's why you have to think about what you put on your skin. At Alex Highet Therapies you can get personalised cosmetics to your own specifications. It's like you were going to have some microwave chips (I'm not knocking 'em!) for dinner, but someone comes round and cooks you dinner. But not any person, a good friend you've just met. And not just that, but they happen to be a nutritionist and know exactly what you need. Above all, it's tasty and yummy and makes your life great. No, above all, they tell AMAZING jokes about vegetables, mainly onions.

Anyway, back to the point. Here's the actual document.

7pm Thursday. Tick...tock...tick...tock....tick....

A*

.......KA-BOOM!!!!!!!!!!
Bohnenflaschen!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:40 am

beev wrote:I'm sorry but this is bollocks. The pub down the road from me has a book swap.
well, they ain't on the internet.

beev

Post by beev » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:25 pm

ravanwin wrote:well, they ain't on the internet.
That doesn't mean they don't exist!

vijay

Post by vijay » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:21 pm

Environment (added in with "Garden" )

The forest practices and encourages consciousness towards environmental concerns such as waste management, native plant gardening, recycling, green consumerism, composting, and energy conservation.

The Forest also has a Garden. It serves as an educational tool for creating native plant havens in an urban environment as well as promoting community development. If you'd like to help it grow, go to the online forum (http://www.theforest.org.uk/bb) to discuss things.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:25 pm

I hate the idea of Forest encouraging green consumerism!!!! Otherwise, I like it Vijay.

vijay

Post by vijay » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:34 pm

yea, we just talked about that.

its a step better than unphased consumerism..but yea still not spot on.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:14 am

hi there: gareth and i changed the document. it is on the linux computer in the office. we've taken out some of the ugly speak and admitted that there is no humor in the booklet because we expect people's english to be bad.

lucky

Post by lucky » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:23 am

Can someone please post this online or mail it to me (starfragment_15@yahoo.co.uk) as I'm not coming in today, please, thanks,

Alex*
Bohnenflaschen!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:27 am

ravanwin wrote:maybe you are a brain in a vat.

Maybe the internet is the only way out of the matrix.
Would the vat exist on the internet?

lucky

Post by lucky » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:53 pm

*Ahem*

Could someone please attach the file to this thread or e-mail it to me please

Thanks,

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

lucky

Post by lucky » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:22 pm

iIt's okay, I'll do it myself.

Thanks,

Alex*
Bohnenflaschen!

beev

Post by beev » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:59 am

Hey, I think I accidentally edited Ryan's post above. I meant to quote & reply to it, but I guess I hit edit instead. Sorry - I am a dumbfuck!

lucky

Post by lucky » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:14 pm

I printed a few off and they're upstairs - going like HOTCAKES!

Still stuff to change and additions.

Fluid.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:03 pm

we need more of these! many many.
where are dey?

lucky

Post by lucky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:42 pm

On blue computer. In "Red Alex" folder, there's two files.

One's TableTopFINISHEDwoof.doc which you print out, then you turn around the paper, stick it back on the tray and print the other side out with tabletopsecondprint.doc

Doing more now and may put in additions for Hall and Environment.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

lucky

Post by lucky » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Here is the FOREST WHAT

I've downloaded it to the Baoboa computer in the Action Room, in "Alex" folder.

Nix is going to do something else with it.

Don't change the intentional spelling mistakes, pleasepleaseplease.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!