Art Thing

danny

Art Thing

Post by danny » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Sunday from 1-4 and probably later is the ART THING.
It's whateve we choose to
MAKE IT

GET CRAFTY, DRAW TOGETHER, CUT and PASTE CREATIONS from crap, Scribble on a scrap rap, Make a card, a collage, a poster, paint a picture, a t-shirt, a c.d. cover, a record cover, write a wee story, make a wee booklet for the front counter or the shop, henna tattooes? Anyone into that? Anyone into the idea of making stuff from living things?
If it's nice out maybe we could go outside and do some street art style stuff? Chalk, or cut and paste style street stuff?

For me it's all about a free space to get arty, enjoying the process and gently steering the process towards making things things that are useful to the Forest community rather than random bollox. Mind you random bollox can be so much fun though and there is a fine line between Art and Arse, so you might as well scratch it.

NOTE: Do not make more mess than you are prepared to clear up or you you may actually be murdered. Several times.

Core members at the moment are looking like Rosy ( http://www.doodlehut.com ) and my new friend Anna and me and some folk from a scrapstore called "Bits and Bobs" ( http://www.bitsandbobsscrapstore.org.uk where they re-cycle people with learning disabilities into things like cardboard and tissue paper.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:54 pm

Sounds good. Where are you wanting to hold the workshop?

danny

In the Cafe

Post by danny » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:13 am

In the Cafe. Starting next Sunday and I'll say "most" Sundays after, for now so as not to over commit myself. Still no word back from bits and bobs about it though.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:58 pm

It might be good if you picked the Sundays you'll be doing and stick a poster up/get it on the website. It sucks for people to show up thinking a workshop is running, only to find out it isn't.

danny

Sorted

Post by danny » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:24 am

Poster is sorted