oooh the garden.

Front of House, garden etc.
baloo

oooh the garden.

Post by baloo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:25 pm

So i has been doing some work on ze garden and i would like to tell all and anyone of the progress thus far.

2 years ago i bought some lilly bulbs and they are STILL alive and making flowers.
Iz amazing, to say tha least.
There are runner beans scrambling up poles and they have flowers. This means beans.Soon.
Brassicas are all planted...these being cabbages, walking stick kale(whoa) and perhaps some E.broccoli.
Herbs grow magnificently. I think we could ward of the plague with the amount of medicinal plants out there. Strawberries like growing leaves.Umm.....they make make a strawberry one day.
But not today.

Horse radish grows well....by end of autumn we could make some sauce wid da roots!.....
We have a rowan tree, seeded by, i believe, a blackbird taking a shite...and a horse chestnut tree that is almost 4 years old.
Evergreen honeysuckle can be seen growing all over the place ...if you step out the fire exit you can see it.It grows.

stuff.

Its getting tidyer.
Any ideas on who owns the bikes?--they really need to find a home.
umm.......i'm gonna build something now.
Excitin.x
up and at it.

baloo

Post by baloo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:26 pm

any questions please?

Umm.....maybe having some art intergrated amongst the green would be nice...umm...... :roll:

:D
up and at it.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:41 pm

woohoo the garden, just 2 years ago it was full of junk, and now its flourishing. i will try and get myself reaquainted with it as I've been lazy and i miss it.
I have a question Blue...whats the meaning of life?...dont say, love, or 42. the answer has to have metaphors that involve the forest garden...a riddle if you will. :?
It's like God's vagina!

beev

Post by beev » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:15 pm

I have a question. How do you know about the blackbird?

baloo

Post by baloo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:51 pm

ok "garden" Andy :roll:
The meaning of life, using the metaphor of ze forest garden.
The Forest Garden (Life) is essentially meaningless. Things grow and die for no other reason than to live and die. The forest garden is pointless, in essence.
BUT. (ahem)....by looking after it, tending it, caring for the fragile things that grow and pass away, blossom bloom and fruit, provide homes for creatures that, too, live and die..---by caring attentively to the garden it begins to have meaning for you. You feel a part of it, at one with it if you will.
Slowly, the garden becomes a complete picture to you, and in doing so becomes an inseperable part of who you are. The relationship you have with the garden defines the meaning...i will go as far as to say --the relationship IS the meaning.
Treating "the forest garden" with respect, love and care turns it into something that means a great deal to you.
If you want to define that meaning further still, then i will say -its impossible-for this is about a living experience, a relationship, ....i guess its like making love.......the meaning is written in everything you do.
Define the meaning by your actions.

The garden grows....

And....i have seen the blackbird. He and his wife. And i know that blackbirds love rowan berries.Pidgeons won't eat them--blue tits are too small.....the rowan and the blackbird are closely bound.
It is common knowledge to boring nature lovers like me that blackbirds seed Rowans.

any more questions my lovlies? :wink:
up and at it.

Dandolo

Post by Dandolo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Set the horse-chestnut free!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:48 pm

I think the new, Forest bike loan will claim the bikes!

Yum!

baloo

Post by baloo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:21 pm

the horse chestnut IS free....-have you seen it?!?
A growing tree is a growing tree regardless of where it is growing...-i feel defensive.
Um....-what do you mean set it free?
-plant it out somewhere?.....it is in a pot that is in a toilet full of soil.so the root system has a pot space with bit removed from the bottom so it can dig deeper.
The diversity created by having a tree on board really helps the garden.
The rowan tree grows in a bit of wall....we can pot that up soon.!x
Maybe we could start a tree nursery with the intention to donate the saplings to regeneration areas?
The horse chestnut is from a tree 5mins walk away from where my mum lives in north London, i have raised it from conker.
I feel very attatched to it.
LOve!!!
:D
up and at it.

Claire

Post by Claire » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:01 am

Nice work blue, you're doing a great job by the sound of it. And i agree - it is meaningless until you become attached, much like anythin else. It's like the fox for the little prince.