release

Records, publishing, shop etc.
bill

release

Post by bill » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:11 pm

yo. i have spoken to a few folk in forest records. i have.

myself and maybe 12 other musical artists have formed a thing called little lamp records. its like saying we are a record label and then homegrowing our own records. our first release is nearly ready in thatwe have nearly got all the track listings. it will be a cd full or songs. like 20. it will be good. we will hand make/screen print/strencil all the covers.

then the artists featured on the cd buy them from us at cost price. and sell them for there own money. its like a sampler. the small time artists make small moneys. people hear them at gigs, dig them, buy a cd for cheap (£3/4). it is then brimming with music and the poeple dig it and come to other gigs/ know other cool shit. its also about getting our home recordings heard.

we would like as much support as forest will give for this.

1)can we use (particulaly if i buy it (some one pm the place to get it from)) the multitrack cd burner.

2) we would like to use the cd printer.

3) we would like some moneyso as the cd can be mastered (around £50? maybe more less, the more money the more time spent on it = it sounds better)

4)we are more than happy to make it a forest records official release. that is infact cooler. forest can sell it and make the fucking money off it.

5) we will have a sweet launch party at forest with loads of sweet acts.

i feel forest should support this as much as possible as it is good and forest is good and in doing so will hopefully draw in some of my friends/other artisits to the forest sweet honey hive.

dig artists like (i love you too gorman)

http://www.myspace.com/adammillington
http://www.myspace.com/robstjohn
http://profile.myspace.com/jedmilroy
http://www.myspace.com/jamesmclark (check "the ship that sailed")

many more cool shit also

if you want me to give you a cd of this i will.but i wait for the last few track listings to a come come my p.c

thankyou

bill

Post by bill » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:17 pm

i hate hate hate myspace as much as everyone. hate. but you can hear stuff there.

or here

oh i cannot attach my mp3 collection The Extension mp3 is not allowed i am sad am sad

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:32 pm

I say yay- all support to you.
What can we currently offer?

As I understand the purchase of the multi cd burner is on the back-burner as we are trying to score it as part of the Scottish Arts Council grant.

So still a big yay but I'm unsure in what way.
Everybody?
Pep Up The Turmoil

bill

Post by bill » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:17 pm

ok well anybody know anything about where to get fresh cd cases of any interesting styles?

we can make our own from a wooden stencil cutting out the the right shape into cardboards that we find that will individualise each one.

does anyone know how to use the cd printer?

dan

Post by dan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:12 am

you could sow your own cd cases that is nice. or make them out of cardboard. why have you forsaken my name?
but yes to the idea sounds good. what will it's catalogue number be?
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:10 am

i'm into it. we can offer up some dosh, i'm sure.

cd burner on hold for a little bit as we apply for grants that will be imposible and then we will just buy the fucking thing ourselves.

bill

Post by bill » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:01 pm

i refer to you previous refusal to look at mice pace the last time i mentioned this.

a so sorry.

what you mean dan by sow?
can we buy one then pretent we bought one with a grant that we won't get?

perhaps jay at infoseed will have one?

dan

Post by dan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:12 pm

i meant sew.
like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

bill

Post by bill » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:11 pm

i though you meant sow like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:16 pm

I thought you meant like this: