visual arts minutes 20/09/07

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

visual arts minutes 20/09/07

Postby stephengoodall » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:55 pm

alice, martin, james, helen, danny, nana, me

discussion of what is needed to improve the TK website.
suggestion to create a page of graphics, logos etc so that artists who may be making their own fliers can access them. Also, learn how to add new content.

discussion of how best to feature information about current, future and past exhibitions. Instead of having a "current exhibition" page and a "future exhibition" page which will rewquire constant updating, we should do a text list of the exhibitions on for the next few months, like we already have, and then archive it when each list gets too old. We could also make functionality which will highlight the current exhibition. people should be able to work out the dates for themselves and this requires less updating. in addition to this, maintain an online gallery of images and investigate the possibility of having the text entries about the exhibitions link to the relevant images form the archive.


Also we need to get on top of documenting the exhibitions as they come and go to keep the archive updated.

we have info for most upcoming exhibitions- i am to contact potlatch to find out more.

Some progress on the email scenario- no doubt the conversation wiull continue, martin is on the case and for now we have a temporary, but not ideal solution.

i am also to update the gallery blurb for the booklet to avoid the ambiguity fo "free from commission" will do that in a few mins.

danny proposes to have an art gathering on sundays to meet and collaberate- sounds lie a good plan to all. making mugs mentioned. Publicise?

Discussion of holding a party for freshers- better to hold it seperate in the hall at a time when it can be planned, rather than invite the freshers to the cardboard cathedral closing because that may well end in tears or damaged cardboard.
0 x

User avatar
martinmckenna
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Location: insitu
Contact:

Postby martinmckenna » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:42 pm

on editing the site , it is possible to link the past exhibition page images to a gallery http://www.theforest.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=114&Itemid=208

i did a test with show face image it now links to the gallery , so it can be done ,

the current and future show page seems odd as when you go on it you get the oldest show first http://www.theforest.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=107&Itemid=192

Maybe just have the other way round , delete the one at the top as it pasts and move it into past shows , am thinking train station sign for some reason ,
0 x

User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Postby stephengoodall » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:21 am

Maybe just have the other way round , delete the one at the top as it pasts and move it into past shows , am thinking train station sign for some reason


but again that requires more updating. i say archive each page as it ends. so that one that is currently up can be archived and then we can put a new one up once we have the info for potlatch.

i would help to have them the other way aroound though.
0 x

User avatar
martinmckenna
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Location: insitu
Contact:

Postby martinmckenna » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:01 am

i understand about the updating of it , it may that its gets updated monthly , rather then every two weeks , currently it is the right way round , but its just very out of date , I dont think it is much to update it really if you have the info , its a bit like using word to edited it ,
0 x

User avatar
beev
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:46 am

Postby beev » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:50 pm

should this be in the minutes section?
0 x

User avatar
martinmckenna
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Location: insitu
Contact:

Postby martinmckenna » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:06 pm

i guess it should , can it be moved
0 x

User avatar
beev
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:46 am

Postby beev » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:11 pm

done
0 x

User avatar
dan
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:04 pm

Postby dan » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:33 pm

can you change the title - 'meeting minutes' in the 'minutes' seciton isn't really clear...
0 x
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

danny
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Art Thing and Party

Postby danny » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:42 pm

Starts Sunday 30th and would like to carry on most Sunday afternoons.
MAKE IT
What you want to see

When are we discussing this party then?
We now have a large pile of A2 paper stored in the art store bit in the gallery thanks to the free shop which we can stick to the floor. I bumped into a DJ Tony the other day who has some laid back funky hip-hop I could rap over for later. Anyone know anything about sound systems? I have a wee one, but we'd want a bit of a bigger one I think..
0 x

User avatar
James
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Art Thing and Party

Postby James » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:21 am

danny wrote:When are we discussing this party then?
We now have a large pile of A2 paper stored in the art store bit in the gallery thanks to the free shop which we can stick to the floor. I bumped into a DJ Tony the other day who has some laid back funky hip-hop I could rap over for later. Anyone know anything about sound systems? I have a wee one, but we'd want a bit of a bigger one I think..


Push it here ... http://www.theforest.org.uk/bb/viewtopi ... 4456#14456
0 x


Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron