Online Volunteer Sign-up Sheet

Gandhi

Online Volunteer Sign-up Sheet

Post by Gandhi » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:02 pm

Would it be a good idea to have a volunteer sign up sheet, similar to the Cave Booking system, on the BB. Obviously it would mean that anyone signing up in the cafe would have to have their name updated onto the online calender by someone, and obviously this may cause a bit of a hassle for the person doing it.
But.......The reason I think it might be a good idea is that, it's quite hard for people like myself who work 9 to 5 :( and live outside the centre and have lots of commitments in evenings (as I'm sure is the same for most volunteers) to just be able to go into the Cafe whenever I like and look at the volunteer sheet to sign up and therefor need to plan ahead if I wanted to volunteer. If people could see who's signed up and which days volunteers are needed a few days in advance online then people can work out whether they can make it or not and if they can they can sign up for it then and there, and arrange their other commitments around it.

maybe we could have a week long calender at the top of the BB showing which days volunteers are needed each week (or the next week coming), to highlight it.

Am I just being lazy? Is it a slightly selfish idea which would take a lot of work?...uuum probably...but if it helps people sign up to volunteer easier isn't that good for the Forest?...especially as poor Alex has to beg people constantly on the BB all the time. Plus it would make more and more people use the BB...which is good.
Anyways let me know your thoughts.
Volunteering tonight so see some of you laters.
It's like God's vagina!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:26 pm

the problem, or the only one i can see, is that someone has to manually upload all the names of vollies from the kitchen sheet to the internet. a shitty job but, i guess if someone wants to do it, than yes it would be worth while.

more practically, however, a weekly: hey, this is when we need people post might suffice. than a response to "sign me up yo!" could mean folk are signed up without ever having to come into the cafe.

compromise?

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:15 pm

yeah sounds good, basically anything that lets people know a few days in advance when vollies are needed has gotta be useful.
It's like God's vagina!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Yes, once/week 'this is when we need vollies' is doable.

Also, if you want to call the cafe before 7pm, Alex or I will be hapy to let you know what's free and what's not.

While we're at it: we need a 7-12 and a 9-12 to work with Bill tomorrow night and night staff all over the weekend. Respond here, sign up or call the cafe. Sweet.