Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
There was a letter in Laura's and my pigeon hole. I finally opened it. It was from the Volunteer Centre Edinburgh asking if we wanted a stall at the 2007 volunteer fair, 4th October. It would cost us 30 quid (if our income is under 25K, 60 otherwise). It is an extra 10 for an electricity point.

I have the form, if we want to go for it. It is a bit moist from being in my back pocket for a day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:01 pm
Posts: 1327
I think it sounds like a good idea, and since it's in October we have plenty of time to prepare. I think we should go for it. I'd quite like to be there.

_________________
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:32 am
Posts: 301
October is also a quiet month, it gives us something to do to keep things ticking over and people involved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 137
Location: Edinburgh
Sounds good. I think I'd like to be involved if I 'm free. Twud make sense to have a poster up in volunteer exchange too. And other places too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
We're gonna do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:01 pm
Posts: 1460
Location: Edinburgh
I'm there.

A*

_________________
Bohnenflaschen!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
Quote:
Dear Swithun

Thank you for returning a completed booking form and payment for a stall
at this year's Volunteer Recruitment Fair. Please accept this email as
confirmation of your booking for a single stall without electricity.

We will be sending out full details about the day with lots of useful
information at the beginning of September. We will also include some
flyers and posters which we would be grateful if you could distribute to
try to raise as much awareness as possible for the event.

I look forward to meeting you on 4th October. Please do get in contact
if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best wishes,
Ellis


Thanks for doing the cheque Neil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
These guys sent some leaflets which we could leave around to attract people. I'll put them in my pigeon hole along with some information about the fair.

Do we have a rota for the day? There is setting up (9.30am) to do and taking down (7-8pm), as well as being there all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 1410
i'll be there with my own enemy stall. maybe we could set up next to each other and help eachother out huh? I have no-one to help me so far... but i'll try and sort that out x

_________________
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
I'm thinking that we prepare all the material we want to take over on Wednesday night (or earlier). Then, 9am, 2 people meet at the Forest, get the stuff and go over to the Assembly Rooms and get set up. The hall opens to the public at 11, and closes at 7. Then there is finishing up and everyone out by 8.

I can't be there all day, but can be there at the start and finish. We want 2 people on the stall at all times.

9-11 Swithun _______
11-3 _______ _______
3-7 _______ _______
7-8 Swithun _______

Sign up by quoting the above rota and adding your name. Feel free to change any times not already taken. Someone could bring some Forest food along at lunch time and we can make everyone hungry.

What material do we want to take along?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:24 am
Posts: 1373
2 people is good but more is also good if enough people are interested...

I can do 11-3.

Cheers.

_________________
the more you think, the more you stink


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
Quote:
9-11 Swithun _______ _______
11-3 Gaz _______ _______
3-7 _______ _______ _______
7-8 Swithun _______ _______


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:01 pm
Posts: 1327
I can do 3-7.

9-11 Swithun _______ _______
11-3 Gaz _______ _______
3-7 Sean _______ _______
7-8 Swithun _______ _______


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:32 pm
Posts: 102
I can do the 7-8 with Swithun. I'm at work rest of the day, I'm afraid....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
9-11 Swithun _______ _______
11-3 Gaz _______ _______
3-7 Sean _______ _______
7-8 Swithun Pomme _______

Thanks, Bandit!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: edinburgh
i'm down for a gazzer shift.

_________________
-----
www.ryanvanwinkle.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
9-11 Swithun _______ _______
11-3 Gaz Ryan _______
3-7 Sean _______ _______
7-8 Swithun Pomme _______


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:01 pm
Posts: 1327
All on my own :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: edinburgh
swith? do we have card / material prepared?

r

_________________
-----
www.ryanvanwinkle.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
Not yet. We can get something sorted out at the meeting tonight. But any ideas are welcome. I don't really know what we want. Those shiny colour presentations for people to look at, if we still have them.

If someone has done this before, their expertise would be appreciated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:01 pm
Posts: 1327
I can't be at the meeting, but if it's anything like what I'm imagining, a room full of different tables and people wander around and look at each, then I've done them before. It's easy you just need to be open and approachable and use the right words to make us sound good. But if you don't have lots of pretty looking stuff on the table to show people it can be pointless.

A few copies of Gareth's forest booklet thing would be the single best thing we could have with us. The other main posters right now -- like the new working groups poster and the charity objects poster for example, would also be good to print for this. Any other examples of stuff produced by the forest would help too. Copies of the golden hour book, the record, other CDs and books produced by forest, just to display you understand. Any nicely printed photos of forest too. A crucial thing is to have some sort of flyer we can actually give to people. Just with the forest's address and phone number, basic reminder about what we are, logo and maybe some nice artwork on it. Have lots of those.

The other thing to have is some good posters to draw attention to ourselves, we can put them on the wall behind us or on the front of the table. Maybe just pick some of the best posters we have had recently and print them, it would be random but could still be cool and interesting. Or alternatively use the working groups poster and charity poster I already said, the wg one is pretty.

I'm afraid I don't have time to help produce any of this, can only be there. But there you go.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:01 pm
Posts: 1327
Oh, another thing people usually do at these things is collect email addresses to add to their email announcements list. But we don't have one, do we? Just the bb which requires people to actually go and sign up themselves, and which is pretty difficult, and the disused yahoo group which I think is not announcements-only. Perhaps we should have an announcements-only mailing list as well as the bb, if we don't already? Perhaps now would be a good chance to collect email addresses to get one started?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: The Forest Speaks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 137
Location: Edinburgh
I'm up for the 3-7 shifty.
The Forest speaks has been made announcements only recently ( as far as I know ), so we should just tell them about the bb and give them those details.
There is an art thing on Wednesday night where we could make stuff to take to the event if anyone is into that..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 2597
9-11 Swithun _______ _______
11-3 Gaz Ryan _______
3-7 Sean Danny _______
7-8 Swithun Pomme _______

Thanks Danny.

Good ideas for promotional material, Sean. I'll come down today and see what I can find and print.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: edinburgh
chombee wrote:
Oh, another thing people usually do at these things is collect email addresses to add to their email announcements list. But we don't have one, do we? Just the bb which requires people to actually go and sign up themselves, and which is pretty difficult, and the disused yahoo group which I think is not announcements-only. Perhaps we should have an announcements-only mailing list as well as the bb, if we don't already? Perhaps now would be a good chance to collect email addresses to get one started?


i've been talking about this kind of thing with martin from the TK group. it is certainly possible but we need to learn to do it via the forest system and not via yahoo. anyone who can figure out how to do it is welcome to start it. i can collect emails for announcements!

r

_________________
-----
www.ryanvanwinkle.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: edinburgh
also: we need to take some stuff there. Swithin, what time were you planning on going to set up. i know it says 9 - 11 but gaz reckons that things don't start till 11. I can be there at 10.30ish (and poss. 9 if you think it is essential).

Gareth has made flyers and they are in the grants p.hole. Also we should take records and gh books and balkan cds. plus the TK book and the Grant Book which are all in the grants p.hole.....
so, those are all to be taken. along with an email list.

do you want to grab all this stuff and go down and lay out the table and i'll be there before you have to split? do you think you really have to go at 9?

sorry for all the questions and for being out of the loop.
ryan

_________________
-----
www.ryanvanwinkle.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:32 pm
Posts: 102
Might be good to mention the facebook group for forest, I reckon a lot of people already have a facebook account, so might be more likely to sign up to it, no?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 pm
Posts: 2622
Location: insitu
there is already an events mailing list hosted on this server , like the tk one it would need to be locked down so we can can only post on it . This is easy to do , but i would think we dont have the admin password for it so currently this is not possible .

you also have to have a link to it so people can find it , i personlay want to get the tk one integrated into our web site , once we have worked out how to do that , we could do it for the events list too .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:01 pm
Posts: 1327
martin -- yes. That sounds great.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group