The computer in the office playing up.

laura

The computer in the office playing up.

Post by laura » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:02 pm

I was trying to print out promo posters today for the jumble/car bootless sale and the computer in the office (the one on the left hand side) decided to throw a tantrum.

When I was trying to print the posters (from an adobe photoshop file) the computer froze. I tried to bring up taskmanager to stop the program, but nothing was working. I left it for 10mins, but to no avail. I couldn't access anything

When I tried to restart the pc it would not complete the reboot.

Could someone possibly look at this? I couldn't manage to print anything and need to try and get the posters up tomorrow night at the latest.

Thanks - and sorry if this is due to something I have done, but I can't think of anything unusual. The pc was making a lot of churning noises while I was working and the system was incredibly slow and 'sticky' working in and moving between applications before it finally gave me the finger.
they call us winsome, but we're just hopeless

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Laura
The computer turned traitor a long time ago,
there are other threads detailing it.
I think a full overhaul will come when the office plans are finalised.
As regards rebooting
it wont boot in ubuntu
which it naturally selects
you need to keep an eye on the screen
until it throws up options
and then down scroll
for Windows XP.
Pep Up The Turmoil

chombee

Post by chombee » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:40 pm

In the meantime, before the new office overhaul, Duncan has said he will come and reinstall Windows on that computer, which ought to sort it out for a while.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!