Freecycle stuff - Large Indoor plant

Front of House, garden etc.
danny

Freecycle stuff - Large Indoor plant

Post by danny » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:37 am

So there is this website called "freecycle" which you have probably heard about which is kind of like an Edinburgh wide Free Shop. I saw there was this large indoor plant might be quite a cool addition to the Forest greenery

Offering: Large indoor plant (EH6)
Posted by: "planet_jules_75" planet_jules_75@yahoo.co.uk planet_jules_75
Sun Oct 7, 2007 11:43 am (PST)
Hi,
I have a large indoor plant up for grabs. It's about 2 metres tall, and the potplant it's in is
45cm in diameter at the widest point. It can fit in a car, as long as it can lay flat.

To pick up in evenings, after 7pm, Mon to Thurs this week.

Photo available upon request.

We were talking ( half jokingly ) about a Forest fish tank the other day, and I know this one seems too big, but I thought I'd paste in the details on the off chance..

Offered: Fish Tank and Stand (colinton mains green)
Posted by: "chris_mackintosh" chris_mackintosh@yahoo.com chris_mackintosh
Sun Oct 7, 2007 11:35 am (PST)
Hi, 150litre fish tank offered. 3ft by 1ft by 1.5ft. Too big for
our house so ideally would love to swap for smaller one.
Cheers
Chris

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am

There really is not much point discussing individual items that come up on freecycle because by the time we work out whether we want it or not it would have been taken! If there is something the Forest would definately use...like a plant (although that one is pretty massive!!), then you should just try and arrange to go get it and bring it in.
I spose with a fish tank we really need to discuss it properly, do we really need one or is it just gonna sit in the workshop? because if it does go into the workshop I promise people that i will smash it up with the rage of a thousand Suns....i'm sure Ryan will too after the Sunday we spent tidying that mother! :twisted:

That sized fish tank is ridiculous, more like a pool :D , or maybe we could have sharks with frickin lazer beams on their heads.
It's like God's vagina!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:18 am

I am against more plants. We have quite a lot right now. There's not really space for more.

I am also against fish tanks. We are very bad at keeping living things alive. Fish deserve better than us.

laura

Post by laura » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:38 pm

I am with Shannon re: the fish.

After the initial amusement has worn off I imagine it will be difficult to find someone to provide regular care for fish including feeding and changing the water (or filters).

Also, a fish tank in the Forest is a HUGE accident waiting to happen.
they call us winsome, but we're just hopeless

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:38 pm

maybe the fish tank could be suspended over the desks to make djing more exciting.

or it could go over the stage.

yes, and fill with it with gunge.

we could do with a gunge tank some nights... :?
the more you think, the more you stink