Read This Magazine

Records, publishing, shop etc.
ravanwin

Read This Magazine

Post by ravanwin » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:33 pm

from our friend c. askew!

Dear All,

As some of you may already know, I have recently been working on setting up my own small-scale creative writing magazine for poetry and prose. It's been a while in the making, but I am happy to say that our website is now up, and we are ready to receive submissions!

The magazine is called Read This, and will be in print monthly and accessible on the web 24/7. The Forest Free Press is assisting us with our printing, and we are also hoping to get WordPower on board as a stockist. We want Read This to act as a platform for emerging writers, but we'll happily accept submissions from those of you who feel you're more established, too. We're starting small, but we hope Read This will grow in size, scale and influence as we go along -- watch this space!

We are plotting our first print issue right now, and we also need some content to go up on the website. We welcome poetry and prose of any length, in any style and on any subject -- you can see more detailed submission guidelines on the site itself. We really want your work. Get in touch!

You can find us at http://www.readthismagazine.co.uk, and send submissions to submissions@readthismagazine.co.uk

We all look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Claire, and the Read This Team (Lucy, Dan, Struan, Hayley and Leon)

PS -- the site is new, there may be glitches! If anyone spots any technie problems, please let our resident website geek know at leonaidan@blueyonder.co.uk -- cheers!

ObviousClaire

Printing Read This

Post by ObviousClaire » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:41 am

Hi Ryan,

Is it still OK for a couple of us to come in this Monday to print?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:51 am

yep. all yours.
ry

ObviousClaire

Cost of printing

Post by ObviousClaire » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:53 pm

Heyyy,

We went to Copycat in the end... printing at home was taking an AGE. They quoted us £12 per 50 copies of the whole magazine. In the end we did the 100 we'd have done at the forest, then 50 more which we paid for. I have a receipt for the whole £36... can the forest reimburse the £24 for the 100 copies?
Sorry it didn't work out with the printer :( Oh, and Copycat don't do student discount so we hate 'em, officially.

C

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:24 am

no, we love them. did you mention it was for us? they like us?

oh well. reimbursment will happen soon.

good luck tonight.
r