shop: people: shop people? anyone in?

Records, publishing, shop etc.
ravanwin

shop: people: shop people? anyone in?

Post by ravanwin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:33 pm

To Whom it may concern,

My name is Dan Mussett and I am emailing you on behalf of ShelterSoc, a new society set up at Edinburgh University this year by myself and three other students. We aim to to de-stigmatise the issue of homelessness through giving lectures, talks and plays to the student community and to actively engage the student population with volunteering around Edinburgh, in soup kitchens, homeless hostels and also to encourage a spirit of benevolence through our various 'giving projects' (e.g. our 'Christmas Shoebox Appeal').

I am writing to inform you of a project we are running which you may wish The Forest to be involved in. On Saturday 8th December, we will be hosting 'The Shelter Christmas Fair' in the Teviot Mezzanine from 2PM-4PM. Our idea is to get as many local arts and crafts businesses as well as charities involved. Each representative will have a stall to sell and promote their own merchandise. There will also be mince pies, mulled wine, carol singers, a raffle/tombola and a Christmas tree and lots of tinsel to further the Christmas spirit during the stressful period of exams!

As this is primarily a Shelter Soc event, we have decided to 'rent' each stall at the small price of £5. There will be no entry fee at the door, but a ShelterSoc donations box will be in circulation, and any money made with the raffle/tombola will also go towards ShelterSoc. We will be spending money on promotion of this event to ensure a large turnout.

I hope that you feel this is a lucrative opportunity for The Forest which will also help to raise your profile amongst the student population. If you wish to be involved, just send me a reply by Friday 24th November.

I look forward to hearing from you. If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Dan Mussett
President
ShelterSoc
Tel: 07756110263

Play Movie Mash-up and win BIG prizes!

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:40 pm

sounds great- what can we sell?
It's like God's vagina!

beev

Post by beev » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:15 pm

words and music?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:16 pm

i guess we could sell anything. is anyone up for it? i can help out. we must know soon?

r

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:41 pm

ok - i'm going to pass on this if noone gets back to me with enthusiasm by the end of the day.

cheers,
r