Scavenging day (what I posted on the people's forum)

alice

Scavenging day (what I posted on the people's forum)

Post by alice » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:52 pm

This Sunday is a mega scavenging day for the extended free shop that will be in the gallery in December.

Bring anything good from your cupboard, your local skip or see what you can get your neighbors to donate.

Bring it ALL to the Forest on the 25th around 3pm(free pm)

If you'd like scavenging company, come at 2 and join up with somebody.

(free)Prizes for the best stuff will be announced at 4.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:59 pm

ill be there

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:34 pm

shit missed it,
will step up across the week.
Some shopping songs available on WFMU here
http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/11/s ... -mp3s.html
Pep Up The Turmoil

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:03 pm

Interesting article here

1 Room No View
PROVIDENCE — Eight artists snuck into the depths of Providence Place mall and built a secret studio apartment in which they stayed, on and off, for nearly four years until mall security finally caught their leader last week.

http://snuh.livejournal.com/176807.html

The apartment, which was relatively soundproof, contained a sectional sofa, a love seat, a coffee table, a breakfast table with four chairs, lamps, a throw rug, a hutch and paintings on the walls. Although the group had bold improvement plans, the apartment lacked running water, a refrigerator and a toilet.

Mall spokesman Dante Bellini Jr. yesterday pooh-poohed police detectives' and the artists' portrayal of the space as an apartment.

"It was an area with stuff in it," he said. Mall employees were seen removing some of the contents yesterday.

The collective's ambition to, as Townsend put it, make the apartment "super-sweet"
Pep Up The Turmoil

emilymm

Post by emilymm » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:27 pm

i also missed scavenging day though today i found prolly the best find i've had in ages, a suitcase full of stuffed animals. we will determine which outcasts shall be subjected to a second exile. further and onward,
the wall of food idea is awesome, fake staff shirts for tkxmaxxxers would be cool, even easer done if we set up a screeen printer. hint hint.
my new years resoloution is to spend even more time going through your trash.
and bryony and i will be making a beer can tree, wreaths and garlands, so everyone should switch to carlsberg and grolsch.
clink clink cheers
i'm sorry I BLANK-ed on BLANK-DATE, I was a little drunk.